Kentucky just vacated all its 2021 season wins

Which means we did NOT lose the Citrus bowl. A tick closer to Kirk being HOF eligible.

I get what you are saying, and I could be wrong, but doesn't it still technically count as a loss for Iowa. It just no longer counts as a win for Kentucky. Kentucky's record willl now be 0-13, but Iowa's record will remain 10-4. It will not be changed to 10-3 or 11-3.

According to Winsipedia Iowa has won 695 games. It shows Iowa has a 1 and 1 record versus Kentucky. Somewhere by the 6th or 7th game Iowa may hit the magic 700. Iowa's 5th game is @Ohio State.

I get what you are saying, and I could be wrong, but doesn't it still technically count as a loss for Iowa. It just no longer counts as a win for Kentucky. Kentucky's record willl now be 0-13, but Iowa's record will remain 10-4. It will not be changed to 10-3 or 11-3.
You appear to be correct per an article in Wiki. However, i find this illogical given that in the overall totals, there will be less W’s than L’s. I suppose there will be some asterisk to explain it. Meaning it is ok that a cheating team can screw up the record of another team.

You appear to be correct per an article in Wiki. However, i find this illogical given that in the overall totals, there will be less W’s than L’s. I suppose there will be some asterisk to explain it. Meaning it is ok that a cheating team can screw up the record of another team.
By some logic then it should not count as a loss.

I guess they are saying cheating teams get all the wins taken away, but that does not mean teams that loss to the cheating team should get credit for winning games they did not actually win.

Ok, fine. Losing teams should not be given a win. I am OK with that. But really in my opinion, those games should be ruled no contest instead. An official game that was not a win, not a loss for either team.

So in my opinion, Kentucky should be 0-3 with 10 games considered no contests.

Iowa would be 10-3 with 1 game considered no contest.

You are correct. Only wins are vacated, not losses, and that includes those who lost to the team with the vacated win.

Latest posts