Kenosha Bradford RB Vonte Jackson

albieahawk4ever

Teammate of Melvin Gordon, Kenosha Bradford running back Vonte Jackson, Class of 2012 through 11 games has: 67 carries for 946 yds (14.1 ypc) and 11 tds He also has 10 rec for 245 yds and 4 tds.

According to The Duffel Bag - JSOnline , he has now received a scholarship offer from Iowa as well as one from Wisconsin.

Can anyone confirm this good news?

Teammate of Melvin Gordon, Kenosha Bradford running back Vonte Jackson, Class of 2012 through 11 games has: 67 carries for 946 yds (14.1 ypc) and 11 tds He also has 10 rec for 245 yds and 4 tds.

According to The Duffel Bag - JSOnline , he has now received a scholarship offer from Iowa as well as one from Wisconsin.

Can anyone confirm this good news?

Did you just post a link to an article confirming he had received an offer, then ask if anyone could confirm it????

I'm confused.

But I guess to answer your question, yes these guys have confirmed it....
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/106176203.html

I guess I should have been more specific about having someone within the Iowa community confirm it. Sorry I confused you. Enjoy your coffee, D-man.

A buddy of mine from Kenosha thinks Jackson is better than Gordon (the buddy is an Indiana fan, not Iowa or Wisconsin, so its not sour grapes w/r/t losing Gordon). On the other hand, Gordon looks like an incredible RB recruit, so I don't particularly believe it.

Now I'm confused. Melvin Gordon, Class of 2011, has committed to Iowa. Vonte Jackson, Class of 2012, hasn't committed but has received an offer. Who's to say we can't have them both? Comments?

One issue is that Vonte Jackson is also a known Wisconsin lean. They were on him early ... and they've been recruiting him VERY hard. It would be a BIG coup if Iowa were able to pull him away from Wisky.

One issue is that Vonte Jackson is also a known Wisconsin lean. They were on him early ... and they've been recruiting him VERY hard. It would be a BIG coup if Iowa were able to pull him away from Wisky.

I don't know much about our recruiting, but I can't imagine that we pull him away. We've got too many RB's for that, IMO. Gordon, Coker, A-Rob, Johnson, Coe (possibly). That's a lot of backs, might be hard to lure him away when Wisky is only going to have White and Ball (most likely, anyway).

Yeah, and the Hawks will still probably find a way to have depth chart problems!

I'm sure we will! Didn't necessarily say that we have enough running backs, just too many to sway a guy with a lean to a school where he can see earlier playing time, IMO.

Man, that small area of SE WI has produced some great football players in the past 5 years or so...there's obviously Clay from a few years ago from nearby Racine. I know there was another top RB from that same area that Iowa was after before CLay, I can't recall who that is tho. Any time we can steal a top player out of Wisky's backyard is a major plus. Just as long as we don't let BB steal one from us! ;)

Latest posts