Keenan Davis?

TecmoBowl

How did he perform compared to the expectation put on him as the #2 coming into this year, and whats the outlook on his as the #1 next year?

Stat wise he did alright. Nothing eye popping, but 40+ catches as a #2 isn't bad at all. Can he step up and be the go to guy?

Keenan doesn't seem to get the separation that Marvin does. Good athlete, but I hope that he makes some more progress in the offseason.

Ankle sprain slowed him in the second half of season. Made some spectacular catches, but needs to limit the drops.

Davis made big strides from last year to this year and if he can do that again he will be a very good number one receiver. He put up pretty good numbers considering the fact that he also suffered through some injury problems. If he wouldnt have gotten injured he probably would have come close to McNutt's junior year numbers.

I think he was the only underclassman in the top 10 receivers in the Big Ten this year. I expect he'll have a big year next year, he's a solid receiver.

Yeah he was def gimpy last half of year after ankle. Plus remember he sat out at least one game (Mn?) and part of another so that affected his season numbers

Even with McNutt graduating I am still optimistic about these wide outs for next year. Davis will need to step up along with Manly but I think both are capable of it. I also expect a big year out of CJ, it is time he let that NFL talent show.

Keenan is a junior.

I agree that he had a good year. Clean things up and assert himself for a nice senior season.

Everyone seems to think Campbell is the only coach doing a good job, but the WR have an awful lot of drops.

I thought he had an adequate year as the #2 guy. It was pretty obvious that MM was head-and-shoulders above the other guys, so we did a lot to get him the ball. Next year I think KD and KMM will be a good combo. I'm worried that a steady WR didn't emerge for next year's #3 spot. I'm guessing CJ will have to fill that role.

I thought he had an adequate year as the #2 guy. It was pretty obvious that MM was head-and-shoulders above the other guys, so we did a lot to get him the ball. Next year I think KD and KMM will be a good combo. I'm worried that a steady WR didn't emerge for next year's #3 spot. I'm guessing CJ will have to fill that role.

Not sure how a #3 was going to emerge as we only played 3 WR 99% of the time.

Also, I thought he had a very good year minus a few drops (especially at ISU) but he did miss the minny game and not sure if he is still 100%. I think he will be a serviceable #1 next year, but not MM.

I don't think next years WR will be as explosive as this years was with McNutt. That said, they lead the league in drops this year. If they can get that corrected, they won't have to be as explosive. The combination of that and the rise of a great TE would make the passing attack just as good next year if not better.

If you give me the choice in this offense between a great WR and a great TE, I'll choose the TE every time. The most important thing about this offseason is improving the TE play.

Keenan is a junior.

I agree that he had a good year. Clean things up and assert himself for a nice senior season.

Everyone seems to think Campbell is the only coach doing a good job, but the WR have an awful lot of drops.

This really is quite a phenomenon isn’t it. I’m not prepared to blame Soup and I think he is a stud, but just like it is with all the coaches it comes back to execution. In fact I remember when he came in; at that time Letser Erb was the pariah of the staff and based on his ability to easily transition to other spots I’d say he is one of the best.

Chad

I believe when spot light is on him he will shine. I'm more concerned who will step up in 3 spot, KMM will and has shown signs of improvement and is a solid wr. Would be nice to see Cotton step up and put little more effort to get playing time.

I'm going to preduct that KMM may not be #2 next year. I think his skill set lends itself to the slot, and he may remain #3 with Staggs/Cotton/someone stepping up as the starter at #2.

Hopefully CFJ, Hamilton and the TEs take a lot of PT and catches away from the WR next year. It would really help the offense.

KMM will be the 2nd wideout, the 3rd WR or slot will come from one of the RS freshmen or maybe Staggs steps up as he was the backup to McNutt

Marcus Grant got time when KD went down and when MM was out a few plays Shumpert was in. Just because KMM is the #2 receiver doesn't mean he changes his position, he can still be in the slot if that is where he is best fitted to be and other cans fill in for MM etc.

Considering the # of passes thrown behind him or way over his head I think he had a good year. All 3 receivers made spectacular catches at some point during the season and made JVB stats look good.

Latest posts