Keenan Davis Scouting Report - nepatriotsdraft.com

HawkeyeHypnosis

Keenan Davis Scouting Report | NEPatriotsDraft.com - 2013 NFL Draft

From article:

Overview:
Davis is an intriguing prospect that could easily be more productive at the next level than he has been at Iowa. The Hawkeye offense has been abysmal this year, with Davis as the one receiver that can be counted on to run the correct route and catch the ball (most of the time).

He has the ability to run the entire route tree and make a play with the ball in his hands – both with his strength and his elusiveness. If he can start using his big body to ward off defensive backs and be more physical competing for the ball, I think he will have a bright future in the NFL.

Hes had a very good year considering. Hes probably not a high round pick but I could see 4-6 round.

I will bet a significant amount of money that he does not get drafted nor make an NFL roster at any point.

I will bet a significant amount of money that he does not get drafted nor make an NFL roster at any point.

Probably not a smart idea to make bets regarding things you don't have a clue about. (in your case, pretty much anything football related)

Keenan will greatly benefit from having a QB who can throw the ball accurately and with touch. So many times he has to catch the ball behind him, or JV doesn't throw the ball with proper touch.

In honestly think KD will go down as one of the most under utilized Hawkeyes of the KF era.

"under utilized hawkeye" there have been so so many of these. What could penn state do with our three great tight ends?

Probably not a smart idea to make bets regarding things you don't have a clue about. (in your case, pretty much anything football related)

Keenan will greatly benefit from having a QB who can throw the ball accurately and with touch. So many times he has to catch the ball behind him, or JV doesn't throw the ball with proper touch.

In honestly think KD will go down as one of the most under utilized Hawkeyes of the KF era.

Umm, that list is probably 15-20 players long at this point.....

The NFL brass can recognize that Iowa is underachieving at QB this year and make the commensurate adjustment to the rating on Davis. All they have to do is look at film.

I tbonj KD translstes to the NFL better. Hes more explosive with the ball and hes more explosive on and out of breaks. Marvin was much longer and he used thaf well.

A fool and his money are soon separated. Ive seen reports listing him a top five Sr WR this year. His play on the field certainly hasnt set him back.

The NFL will look at the film and they'll see many many drops and little to no separation against average B1G corners.

This. Nothing against Keenan, but he isn't half the player that McNutt was.

He's a different receiver than McNutt was. Keenan is a better, more explosive athlete, where Marvin utilized his size more. But he wasn't that fast and, more importantly, took too long to hit top speed. Keenan accelerates better.

There's a very good reason Keenan was a coveted recruit, and there's a reason he's still putting up a solid season with abysmal quarterback play. I don't know if he'll get drafted, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked.

I have a hard time seeing Keenan drafted this year. But he'll make a camp and maybe make a practice squad.

I cant recall Kenan dropping a single ball this year.

I think he may have one bonafide drop this year, if that. But one negative noted in the scouting report, which I have seen on several occasions, is that he get out-fought for balls by smaller corners. That happened in the endzone last week, and against ISU on the sideline.

Gotta get tougher going across the middle, still occasionally has the alligator arms.

I cant recall Kenan dropping a single ball this year.

I think he may have one bonafide drop this year, if that. But one negative noted in the scouting report, which I have seen on several occasions, is that he get out-fought for balls by smaller corners. That happened in the endzone last week, and against ISU on the sideline.

He had one (and possibly 2 against ISU). But since the early part of the season he has been catching a lot better.
Agreed TM... He does seem to be getting beat for the ball by CBs. He also needs to become more consistent with the back shoulder catch. If I recollect correctly, he should have 3+ catches if he'd snag the back shoulder ball.
Another knock on him might be not getting away from corners when getting jammed.
All said... I'd love to see him in the league.

Latest posts