Keegan's ball and head fake drive at about the 8:40 mark of 2nd half

uihawk82

At least I am pretty sure it was Keegan. Sucked the guy toward him and then blew by him for a several dribble drive to the bucket. That was just a smooth, beautiful move. We haven't seem much of that, very little, over the years. The scouts have to love that.

At least I am pretty sure it was Keegan. Sucked the guy toward him and then blew by him for a several dribble drive to the bucket. That was just a smooth, beautiful move. We haven't seem much of that, very little, over the years. The scouts have to love that.
It’s those types of moves that’s going to make him a first round pick.

He has refined many parts of his game and is a pretty well rounded offensive player. Teams in the NCAA tournament are going to have a nightmare scheming against the Murray's and this Iowa team now. What's going to be great is the coaches will see them on tape and scheme against them but will be a complete headache when playing against them.

He has refined many parts of his game and is a pretty well rounded offensive player. Teams in the NCAA tournament are going to have a nightmare scheming against the Murray's and this Iowa team now. What's going to be great is the coaches will see them on tape and scheme against them but will be a complete headache when playing against them.

As you said, yes, he dribbles well with both hands, and shoots around the basket well with both hands. he can swivel his body well in the air and has great footwork and moves.

Kris is going to improve also. Rebraca had a very nice drop step move last nite. Even with Keegan moving I hear Rebraca has another year and with Patrick the hawks will have some good height next year.

I know there was some scuttle about transfers early in the year, but I expect everyone back except JBO and Keegan. One of the two centers could transfer i guess. You have experienced options to replace JBO at the point. The freshmen coming in is a stud. Perkins has looked good at the 2, but I suspect he will get serious competition for minutes from Sanford. Patrick has the 3 locked down and you replace the righty Murray with the Lefty Murray. Flip and Connor can return. Why wouldn't they? Whose in a hurry to get a real job when you can play a game and live for free? Solid lineup.

I know there was some scuttle about transfers early in the year, but I expect everyone back except JBO and Keegan. One of the two centers could transfer i guess. You have experienced options to replace JBO at the point. The freshmen coming in is a stud. Perkins has looked good at the 2, but I suspect he will get serious competition for minutes from Sanford. Patrick has the 3 locked down and you replace the righty Murray with the Lefty Murray. Flip and Connor can return. Why wouldn't they? Whose in a hurry to get a real job when you can play a game and live for free? Solid lineup.

I dont follow recruiting very much but would appreciate you telling us who the stud freshman(men) is/are who are coming in? Thx

I dont follow recruiting very much but would appreciate you telling us who the stud freshman(men) is/are who are coming in? Thx
Bronny James.

Nah, just kidding. Pops would get him in the NBA right now of he could. He ain't going near a college campus.

It's Desonte Bowen and he's a 6'3, four star recruit. I don't see any scenario where he won't be in the mix immediately.

Bronny James.

Nah, just kidding. Pops would get him in the NBA right now of he could. He ain't going near a college campus.

It's Desonte Bowen and he's a 6'3, four star recruit. I don't see any scenario where he won't be in the mix immediately.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, some young kids just take to the game at an early age and play so much, are trained and coached so much, and practice so much that they are just great players coming out of high school. The guard position can be an instant upgrade. The big men usually take a bit more time coming out of high school but then there are a few every year who are one and done big men.

Both Murray's have a perfect power/triple threat position on the perimeter v. the size of player that has to guard them. On plays like the ones mentioned, watch how much ground they cover with 1 dribble. If you back off, they can hit the 3. If you put a smaller, quicker body on them, they'll post them up. Just so fundamentally smooth.

Think it was Izzo who said "I don't know who you put on them."
Enjoy!