Keegan Murray on Preseason All-B1G Team

I think Keegan has a realistic shot at being a 1st rounder in the next NBA draft.

Look at his size, skillset, and development curve.

At the bare minimum, unless what we saw last year was a major fluke (and I don't think it was), he's very unlikely to be a 4 year player. Enjoy having him in a Hawkeye uniform while it lasts, in other words.

I think Keegan has a realistic shot at being a 1st rounder in the next NBA draft.

Look at his size, skillset, and development curve.

At the bare minimum, unless what we saw last year was a major fluke (and I don't think it was), he's very unlikely to be a 4 year player. Enjoy having him in a Hawkeye uniform while it lasts, in other words.
It is really nuts to have a player come in so far under the radar he didn't even set it off. Then in YEAR 2 people are talking FIRST ROUND pick! Has Iowa ever had a player blow up like this, ever?

I just really hope he hangs till his junior year for selfish reasons. He wants to play awhile with his brother no doubt as close as they are. Then they can both go first round after that. Give Dad time to enjoy watching ya in black and gold!

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, Luka Garza???
Garza blew wide open his Junior year. But, Murray has more opportunity to do so this year given supporting cast. Who knows? As many have observed, there are no real high expectations this year, so we can all sit back, relax, grab a cold brew (or non alcoholic beverage if you are so disposed) and just watch some round ball!

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, Luka Garza???
I think Somers key distinctions in his question were "YEAR 2" and "FIRST ROUND pick." Luka obviously blew up beyond anyone's expectations (excluding Luka's and his Dad's I'm sure), but most people even after 2 years of amazingness in college basketball never thought Luka would be a 1st round pick.

I think Luka's ascendance was more impressive than what Murray's has been/could be, but Murray's situation has definitely been pretty unique and notable in its own right. Excited to see how this year goes for him.

I hope he does very well this year but I think people are jumping the gun a little. Defense will now be focusing on him. Last years team had a lot for opponents to focus on. He wasn’t exactly a main cog in the wheel. I love his potential though.

Had to step away from the football forum for a while and came over here to cool down a little.
Will be interesting and fun to see if anyone else’s surprises us this year like Keegan did last year. If that happens that should set us up nicely for next year.

Fran has to be willing to let the past go and play the players with the most upside. Conner and JBo will certainly be in the mix but he has to let this team play defense. Can't have both of the these guys in for that to happen. Defense wins championships.

I think Somers key distinctions in his question were "YEAR 2" and "FIRST ROUND pick." Luka obviously blew up beyond anyone's expectations (excluding Luka's and his Dad's I'm sure), but most people even after 2 years of amazingness in college basketball never thought Luka would be a 1st round pick.

I think Luka's ascendance was more impressive than what Murray's has been/could be, but Murray's situation has definitely been pretty unique and notable in its own right. Excited to see how this year goes for him.
Garza had that cyst removed from his abdomen just as preseason workouts were commencing his sophomore year.

Who knows how much that set him back, or what type of year he would have had sans the surgery. Heck, not playing at all was a legit possibility that year.

We have a game in 5 days- this board is suffering from fatigue. I get it, it isnt a big time opponent, but it will be interesting to see the look of this team.

Waiting on pins and needles

Top 30 Tap Head GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

We have a game in 5 days- this board is suffering from fatigue. I get it, it isnt a big time opponent, but it will be interesting to see the look of this team.
I am expecting to see a lot of black and gold. And also lots of young men much taller than me.

These stat stuffing games aren't going to continue to this degree for Murray but damn he's been impressive. What if the kid ends up POY? He's gotta be on the short list for it anyway at this point. 3 yrs strait for an Iowa player to be right there for it is just awesome for the program. Both players that were almost after thoughts in recruiting.

Then you factor in Clark on the ladies side and it's just been a fun ride to be an Iowa hoops fan lately