Keegan Murray Enters Name in NBA Draft

giphy.gif

1648588266278.png

pretty disappointed. the nba will always be there, but he only had one shot to get his degree done in one attempt. he'll now forever be a dropout. a quitter. people will say "he can go back and get it" but that's not the point. the point is there are thousands of pedagogical studies out there conclusively proving that getting a degree at one time over four or five years is really critical fundamental to building lifetime skills and critical thinking ability and he's throwing it all away just for a shot at money. the value of a degree from the university of iowa is priceless and he's just throwing it all away.

pretty disappointed. the nba will always be there, but he only had one shot to get his degree done in one attempt. he'll now forever be a dropout. a quitter. people will say "he can go back and get it" but that's not the point. the point is there are thousands of pedagogical studies out there conclusively proving that getting a degree at one time over four or five years is really critical fundamental to building lifetime skills and critical thinking ability and he's throwing it all away just for a shot at money. the value of a degree from the university of iowa is priceless and he's just throwing it all away.
How do you know he's not getting his degree?

He would look good in a Philadelphia 76er uniform, and might be available when they pick (if they have a first rounder)

Your actually completely wrong and the complete opposite is true. A college degree will always be there the NBA is a short life span. 10-20 years in the NBA if your really good and only till your 40. College Degree you can get anytime in your life.

Your actually completely wrong and the complete opposite is true. A college degree will always be there the NBA is a short life span. 10-20 years in the NBA if your really good and only till your 40. College Degree you can get anytime in your life.
yeah, see i already debunked this weak argument in my post. the pedagogical studies all say the same thing, get the degree all at one time to maximize its value. you try going to college when you're 39 and you'll have forgotten how to do the quadratic equation and have to start over from square 1. it's not good. plus, and this is really important, if you go back you'll be a non-trad student and non-trad students really catch a lot of heat.

when i took human sexuality at iowa there was a non-trad in the class who everyone called harley santa because he looked like santa and he always wore harley shirts. total boomer. one day the professor required everyone to write a paper about their most successful sexual position and someone wrote a total troll paper that made it sound like harley santa wrote it. it basically said "in summer of 1979 i needed to ride my harley davidson motorcycle from el paso texas to bangor maine but the bike broke down just on the outskirts of el paso so i had to ride the dog." it then went on to basically say the guy fell asleep and his arm fell asleep and then he went into the bathroom and pleasured himself with a western grip stranger. people in the class were mortified. that is the kind of shit that happens to non-trads. it's not a good life. and keegan is now stuck in that life because of this decision. i hope he still has time to turn back.

Well, my thought was the same but not as drastic as PCHawk. I hope he doesnt hire an agent and drops to 20 and gets pissed and comes back. I knoe this is a selfish pipe dream, but I am who I am.

Imagine Keegan 3.0 and Kris 2.0, I would say Natty

Well, my thought was the same but not as drastic as PCHawk. I hope he doesnt hire an agent and drops to 20 and gets pissed and comes back. I knoe this is a selfish pipe dream, but I am who I am.

Dropping to 20 is a very realistic possibility. He isn't the only talented underclassmen coming out.

Unless something changed I dont think you can go into the draft and get drafted and then say well nevermind im going back to college. Dont think it works that way. FYI. ESPN had a mock draft out yesterday Keegan was 5th.

Isn't it too late to come back by the time the draft happens?

Latest posts