Keegan Johnson status

longtimer

Apparently Ferentz said yesterday that he wasn't practicing with the team and would not play Saturday. He said he was still with the team. I have been told of "rumors" that Johnson was probably done at Iowa. Clearly unsubstantiated but in light of whats happening and Ferentz's remarks one has to wonder. Now with Jacobs out and Black and Johnson and maybe Williams the hole just seems to get deeper

It didn't help the rumor mill when KF initially said he was not with the team and then corrected himself.

Whether the rumors are accurate or not, and I think they are internet echo chambers, sure doesn't sound like he will be playing anytime soon.

Apparently Ferentz said yesterday that he wasn't practicing with the team and would not play Saturday. He said he was still with the team. I have been told of "rumors" that Johnson was probably done at Iowa. Clearly unsubstantiated but in light of whats happening and Ferentz's remarks one has to wonder. Now with Jacobs out and Black and Johnson and maybe Williams the hole just seems to get deeper
I heard lingering covid issues - and he gave an interview in July that was very upbeat.

What did you hear?

If true that is a bitter pill to swallow.
This is twitter knowledge; other reports are that appendix removal damaged his abdominal muscles and they've been slow to heal, but said July interview happened well post surgery and he said he's finally feeling healthy, so who knows?

It makes more sense that it is medical than it is injury. Usually injury the coaches are a bit more transparent. "Hurt his foot" "tweaked an ankle" etc.

At this point it's been long enough with no injury update that it's either medical or mental. Even if it's not, I'm sure the kid is going through some shit that we wouldn't wish on our own kids and it's none of our business. Arland Bruce has gone on record saying how hard it's been on him.

He's shown no inkling of being a problem child or wanting to leave, etc., so let the kid have his peace. When he did play for the Hawks he did a lot of good things and I'm thankful for that.

Seeing a lot of rumors on twitter...warning--do not slander the kid for academics or behavior on HN without proof—zero tolerance. Put that crap on twitter if you want.

Well said, Fry. Kid has been nothing but a good Hawk as far as anything I have seen. I hope it is medical that clears up soon and the struggle is just wanting to be on the field. All understandable.
Absolutely, and moreover, if he has to take a year to get medical stuff resolved, he should. He's no less of a fine young man or a Hawk or a teammate for dealing with issues that are completely out of his control. There are more important things in life than football.