Kale Abrahamson gets Iowa offer

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Tweet from Tom Kakert: Iowa has extended a scholarship offer to 2012 wing forward Kale Abrahamson this evening, per his AAU coach Hank Huddleson.

I like the offer and would like to see him be a Hawkeye, but I have heard anonymous message board rumors that he has no interest in playing college ball in Iowa and will likely go to a school like Stanford or Duke if he gets an offer.

He's a good kid and really improving his basketball skills under Horner. He is a lot like Doug McDermott but with better ball handling skills. He is really good in school and from talking with him and his teammates (I teach in WDM), it sounds like he has no favoritism toward ISU or Iowa and would like to play out of state perhaps.

I think he is waiting for the Stanford offer but I've also heard he likes Wake Forest.

Question, and don't kill me for asking....but does it seem like Fran is waiting to long to offer certain kids?

I think he is waiting for the Stanford offer but I've also heard he likes Wake Forest.

Question, and don't kill me for asking....but does it seem like Fran is waiting to long to offer certain kids?

Kids that are far down his list, yes.

Ya gotta think this was the result of the Hubbard situation. KA may have been the next guy on the list who got bumped up only when Hubbard left.

Ya gotta think this was the result of the Hubbard situation. KA may have been the next guy on the list who got bumped up only when Hubbard left.

I don't believe that to be the case as Hubbard would have been a senior during KA's freshmen year. Not much of an overlap.

Kale is still growing. He's now 6-8. Will he be 6-10? His body probably can't add tons of muscle to play inside. Can he defend an athletic 3?

Three or not to three that is the question.

I like the offer and would like to see him be a Hawkeye, but I have heard anonymous message board rumors that he has no interest in playing college ball in Iowa and will likely go to a school like Stanford or Duke if he gets an offer.

Ummm, no.

I was thinking more like Princeton or Penn...no way he gets a Duke offer

It's a very good question. Right now, I have to be honest, Caff's recruiting philosophy is baffling. He pulls offers right and left(exaggerated for effect) from recruits because of apparent attitudes. But then he takes a chance on a zero tolerance player like Hubbard...pulling an offer from a player like Glover in the process with an open schollie. I'm one of Caff's biggest supporters but it just doesn't make sense.

From what I have seen he's got a good shot. Shoots from the chest but he can score. He also seems to have some quickness as well. I've read that he's gotten stronger in the past year also and added some muscle to his frame.

Hopefully he is considering Iowa although the Hawks jumped in late in the game. Iowa has been in contact with him before but he's still going to visit schools I think.

Fran is doing the right thing trying to get a kid now. Banking scholarships isn't going to do much good at this point. Iowa needs bodies and this kid seems like a good player.

Let's just hope he likes Iowa. If he goes elsewhere the depth chart just took a major hit. Iowa needs guys out there and this doesn't look like a reach.

Recently saw on-line a photo of him standing outside of Cameron Indoor Stadium. Our chances are not good.

All that proves is that he probably went to a Duke game. Big deal. I've got a friend who went to a Duke game. He ended up at Simpson, and he's not playing ball there. Abrahamson doesn't have an offer from Duke, and unless he blows up like Woodbury is now, he won't get one.

Yeah he looks good. First I've seen of him. Wonder why he wasn't offered sooner? Better ball handler and more athletic than I imagined. If he can get his release point a little higher on the jumper he could be LEGIT.

All that proves is that he probably went to a Duke game. Big deal. I've got a friend who went to a Duke game. He ended up at Simpson, and he's not playing ball there. Abrahamson doesn't have an offer from Duke, and unless he blows up like Woodbury is now, he won't get one.

I think he was kidding.

I don't think he looks particularly athletic.

Looks to be a good ball handler though, able to go to his left effectively, good shooter despite his ugly looking shot.

Would rather have an athletic three with a bit of a interior game.

Latest posts