Jvb vs gd vs kok

HeavenHasBeer

Anyone else love the wr screen for a loss of yards on 2nd and medium? How bout Vandenberg locking on and then throwing an absolute "Lazer" to the wrong spot? I hated KOK with a passion the last few seasons, but my hate may have been misdirected. Dont get me wrong i still love my hawks and the future looks good imo, but im kinda shakin on kf right now(and i kinda want jvb to sit (jc style). Also i hate not having the phone app jon. Id pay $10 for it. (I only internets on my phone).

The GD system definitely doesn't cater to JVB's strengths, that's for sure. Let's hope it matches with one of the other QB's or next season will be just as bad.

I don't think its all on GD, much of it is KF and what he wants his offense to be. Iowa replaced both coordinators and the team doesn't look much different.
I do however question some of the play calling. I was watching yesterday and noticed in the second half when Weisman was really rolling CMU's safeties were cheating up to a yard behind the LBers. There was single coverage on all 3 WRs every time Iowa lined up in a 3WR set. Not once did we try to go deep and spread them out and the well went dry.

JV is regressing. He looks scared out there. Not scared of getting hit, but scared of making a mistake. He locks in on one guy rather than spend a second progressing through his reads and risk getting sacked. He's looks scared of throwing an interception and takes so much time to make a throw that it ends up being behind his receiver. He's just scared of making mistakes and taking risks. As overrated as I think Denard is, I would rather have him as QB because he is fearless and willing to take the risk. That's what made Stanzi what he was, he would throw a pick, go sit on the bench with a football in his hand, and be ready to go back in. He wasn't scared to make the risky throw, didn't let mistakes get to him, and was always ready to go back in.

JVB is a PROBLEM. He is a very poor quarterback. He watches his receivers, he doesn't read defenses, he throws the ball too hard, he's inaccurate, he would rather throw a screen pass that almost gets intercepted rather than try to get yards himself. I can keep going but I think you get the point. There isn't an offensive scheme in the world that's going to work with a QB with this many problems.

JVB isn't regressing. He's always been scared, always locked on to receivers. Has his production gone down, yeah, but that is mainly due to not having a marvin mcnutt out there. He hasn't regressed, but he hasn't progressed either.

The GD system definitely doesn't cater to JVB's strengths, that's for sure. Let's hope it matches with one of the other QB's or next season will be just as bad.

Which begs the question why is he starting. Odds are KF says that JVB is our starter, he is a Senior and loyalty runs deep..

The bottomline is this will be a very long season as long as JVB is our starter.. It is time to develop and build for the future and maybe we find out that there is a Stanzi sitting behind JC type QB that is ready to be unleashed..

How can a senior with that big of an arm look that bad most of the time?

cause we don't use the big arm. he's throwing 5-10 yard patterns only. first couple games had only one deep throw. we hit a big one on the first drive and then didn't really go back to it.

i would think they'd see that JVB isn't the accurate, short throw type of QB and put the kid in a position to be what he's better suited for.

Which begs the question why is he starting. Odds are KF says that JVB is our starter, he is a Senior and loyalty runs deep..

The bottomline is this will be a very long season as long as JVB is our starter.. It is time to develop and build for the future and maybe we find out that there is a Stanzi sitting behind JC type QB that is ready to be unleashed..

but no way was Stanzi ready to go in 2007 and the same might be for the current guys. this might scare you, but he just might be the only QB who gives us a chance to win right now. neither of us know. would you rather go o-fer the rest of the year with guys getting experience? some on here are talking like that, but their heads would explode in anger if we did just that.

JV is regressing. He looks scared out there. Not scared of getting hit, but scared of making a mistake. He locks in on one guy rather than spend a second progressing through his reads and risk getting sacked. He's looks scared of throwing an interception and takes so much time to make a throw that it ends up being behind his receiver. He's just scared of making mistakes and taking risks. As overrated as I think Denard is, I would rather have him as QB because he is fearless and willing to take the risk. That's what made Stanzi what he was, he would throw a pick, go sit on the bench with a football in his hand, and be ready to go back in. He wasn't scared to make the risky throw, didn't let mistakes get to him, and was always ready to go back in.

QBs have generaly always regressed under Ferentz.

They always look like they are scared to make mistakes by year two or three.

Stanzi looked very similar his last year with the way he would go to his check down way to quickly.

What I really loved yesterday was the third and 10 where CJF ran a pattern parallel to the line of scrimmage, JVB threw him the ball and he was promptly tackled for no gain.

How is this even an option in both our OC and our QBs mind?

He missed KMM running free on a blitz that was a sure TD. Some reason he just doesn't scan the field, or look toward the blitz to see what WR is left open. I was very high on JV coming into the season, but at this point he is what he is. He locks into his receivers, and has no ability to see if another receiver might be open on the play.

He missed KMM running free on a blitz that was a sure TD. Some reason he just doesn't scan the field, or look toward the blitz to see what WR is left open. I was very high on JV coming into the season, but at this point he is what he is. He locks into his receivers, and has no ability to see if another receiver might be open on the play.

honest assessment. don't know if it is just panic, or what, but he really doesn't look around except to check down to the TE or RB in the flat.

Latest posts