Justin Hilliard

ya I saw that in another thread....encouraging if it's true.....We will find out 7-2-2014 baby...could be a great get....come on big brother keep talking to your sibling and get him to the promised land...

I like that he has hope but idk if he is actually following his recruiting and talking with him compared to all the other rivals and 247 writers....they all seem to think O$U has it almost locked up

I don't know if this was ever posted on here or not since I work seven days a week and don't always have time to check on here every day but I thought it was interesting none the less. I know bleacher report is sometimes a few days late on the news or in other words their news is sometimes old news.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...ewsletter&utm_campaign=iowa-hawkeyes-football

Sorry id this was already posted bit the article is dated on the 25th.

good find. an optimistic artice about hilliard to iowa among a sea of pessimism! the guy doesn't use anything but a couple obvious ones to give iowa the credence he does. the brother and the nfl connection. the brother and/or friend/friend of the family connection i think is overrated.

Maybe we should have Fran go talk to him to seal the deal for the Hawks. Eventually the odds just have to be in our favor of something good happening in these situations. Statistically speaking...it's got to happen.

It's Glitz & Glamour over the Iowa entry, Home Cook'n, by several lengths. Home Cook'n showing 5 to 1 odds.

I know some brothers aren't close with each other. However, if my brother and I both had DI talent and had the opportunity to play together for another 4 years, I would take the opportunity in a heartbeat. Regardless of the other schools on the table. I'm hoping this is the situation, but I'm not very optimistic.

Don't waste your time, he's going to South Bend.
I don't get that feeling. I think if he's leaving Ohio it's to play with his brother. I really don't think Michigan, ND or Bama are in the picture anymore. Iowa is trying to do to OSU what Bama did to Iowa with getting Ross P. Only difference is Iowa has his brother.... We'll see if it's a trump card or not. I'd be more interesting if say CJ was expected to be a really good player too. On Defense no less. But he's going to be buried pretty far down the depth chart not just for this year but for the foreseeable future if he stays at RB.

Maybe we should have Fran go talk to him to seal the deal for the Hawks. Eventually the odds just have to be in our favor of something good happening in these situations. Statistically speaking...it's got to happen.
Not really. Statistics say that we'll never win these type of battles. If we can't land this kid with our defensive pedigree, reputation for putting players into the NFL, and the fact that his freaking brother's on the team, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that it will eventually happen someday. We will NEVER be in a better position to land a player of this caliber.

Last edited:
Which is absolutely crazy given our paper thin depth at safety and the fact that is all this kid played in HS last year.
I'd asked that earlier if CJ had played defense in HS. I've only seen highlights of him at RB. Maybe to get him to come to Iowa they had to tell him what he wanted to hear... That he'd get a shot at RB... And maybe recruiting CJ was a shrewd move at putting Iowa in the position to go after Justin a year out that'd be pretty shrewd but hey Justin was looked at as a stud even then..

The skinny: The Nike Football Training Camp was a good excuse to get some five-star prospects in the same room at Ohio State. Last week, Hilliard – who has been trending heavily towards Ohio State – five star tailback Damien Harris – who has been trending heavily towards Ohio State – and five star defensive end Jashon Cornell met last week at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center. Visions of taking over college football together, plans to play together, a burgeoning bond that brought back memories of the Brew Crew in 2008, that’s what suddenly happened, leading to a rash of Crystal Ball selections for Cornell that had a nice Block O on them. This is the kind of bro-mance that we can all love wholeheartedly and approve of! And it certainly bodes well for Hilliard’s likelihood of picking Ohio State.

The above quoted comments taken from an OSU recruiting site that summarized the Nike Camp that was held at OSU on 6/1. The summary comment above was published on 6/10. Hilliard has since commented in public that he would like to help in the recruiting efforts to help bring in a Top 3 class to the program he announces to this week.

Looks like things are lining up.

I'd asked that earlier if CJ had played defense in HS. I've only seen highlights of him at RB. Maybe to get him to come to Iowa they had to tell him what he wanted to hear... That he'd get a shot at RB... And maybe recruiting CJ was a shrewd move at putting Iowa in the position to go after Justin a year out that'd be pretty shrewd but hey Justin was looked at as a stud even then..
He was basically a full-time safety for his high school team last year. And recruiting one player just to get a shot at a highly ranked teammate/brother/friend is generally a terrible idea. I have a lot of criticisms of Kirk, but even I don't think he's that stupid.

He was basically a full-time safety for his high school team last year. And recruiting one player just to get a shot at a highly ranked teammate/brother/friend is generally a terrible idea. I have a lot of criticisms of Kirk, but even I don't think he's that stupid.
I don't either... I think it was just a 2 birds with one stone kind of thing. They got an athlete at either RB or Safety and an in with Justin. Iowa was his biggest offer I believe. Maybe he'll be flipped to safety down the road. I think there are 4 other DBs in this class so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out if any of them vie for serious PT or not. Either way I don't see CJ not redshirting. Best case is Lomax takes the job and runs with it.

Latest posts