Just Wondering

If the tables were turned and it was the Big Ten that was imploding, would any of the "super conferences" be interested in Iowa? Or would we be in the same situation as ISU?

Considering the conference expansion realignement focuses on football revenue I'd have to think we'd be in the mix. I don't think for one minuite that if everything else being the same we swapped places with ISU that we would be looking at the MWC.

Hawkeyes are a little better academically, a better football program, and provide a larger fanbase. In such a scenario, I like Iowa's chances.

first off ... hahahahahahahahaha to your premise
seconfly ... we would not be in a great position, but we'd be a long way from ISU's horrible, horrible position

If we were ISU though, we wouldnt have been making as much TV money as we are now, so we likely wouldnt have the same football program that we have now. But basically you cant compare the two situations because its impossible to believe that a conference with OSU, Michigan, Penn State wouldnt have a good TV contract.

A lot would depend on the leagues that are buyers and sellers. If the Big 12 and Big Ten were in reverse situations... I would guess that Iowa would be pretty attractive add to a Big 12 North- unless they had to fight OSU and/or Michigan for that spot.

Now, if you're talking the big 12 and the big ten BOTH being rumored to implode... the situation becomes a little less exciting. but i would also guess that a core group of western big ten teams and big 12 north teams would have no problem making an 8-10 team conference from the fallout (as un-exciting as that sounds).

Latest posts