Just something to make you feel worse about the state of the program....

SixAMtailgate

With what I see on the field this year and the current state of the program. I just can't realistically see anything a whole lot better than 6-6 in each of the next two seasons. And if that is the case then we will see an actual move toward a buy out and coaching change. So 2015 is the year boys and girls.....start saving your pennies.

Northern Illinois
Missouri State
at Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)
Western Michigan
at Minnesota
Michigan State (HC)
at Ohio State
Northwestern
Wisconsin
at Purdue
Michigan (FA, S)
at Nebraska (Hy-Vee Heroes Game)

Northern Iowa
Ball State
Iowa State
at Pittsburgh
at Wisconsin
Ohio State
Purdue
at Michigan
at Northwestern
Minnesota
at Michigan State
Nebraska

Last edited:

Northern Illinois LOSS
Missouri State WIN
at Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series) LOSS
Western Michigan WIN
at Minnesota LOSS
Michigan State (HC) WIN
at Ohio State LOSS
Northwestern LOSS
Wisconsin LOSS
at Purdue WIN
Michigan (FA, S) LOSS
at Nebraska (Hy-Vee Heroes Game) LOSS
2013 RECORD 4-8

Northern Iowa WIN
Ball State WIN
Iowa State LOSS
at Pittsburgh LOSS
at Wisconsin LOSS
Ohio State LOSS
Purdue WIN
at Michigan LOSS
at Northwestern LOSS
Minnesota WIN
at Michigan State LOSS
Nebraska LOSS
2014 RECORD 4-8

"Those aren't tears...I'm sweating..."
:(

Great.
We're going to be 0-3 against Western Michigan.

Western Michigan.

Western F@#$%^& Michigan!

The fact that, that is seen as a murders row shows how much we suck.

So we should just assume to beat Michigan, OSU, Wisky, MSU every year? When did Iowa get this good, because I missed it and didn't get too enjoy it.

I don't like the we are just Iowa, but the reality is we are Iowa, and don't recall the numerous Rose Bowls, National Titles, that many in the fanbase are expecting.

I'm still not ready to call for Ferentz's head. I think my personal breaking point would be midway through the 2014 season. If they're still playing remotely like this, and show little hope for 2015, then I'll be ready to throw up the white flag on the Ferentz Era. But that's a long ways off yet.

So we should just assume to beat Michigan, OSU, Wisky, MSU every year? When did Iowa get this good, because I missed it and didn't get too enjoy it.

I don't like the we are just Iowa, but the reality is we are Iowa, and don't recall the numerous Rose Bowls, National Titles, that many in the fanbase are expecting.

Michigan has been good been really good like 1 in the past 6 years and Wisconsin and Michigan State are similar programs to Iowa. I'm sorry if they don't impress me enough to call that a murderers row.

I mean, Jesus Christ, in 2013 we get most of those teams at home.Those shouldn't be **** dribbling down are leg type games here.

Michigan has been good been really good like 1 in the past 6 years and Wisconsin and Michigan State are similar programs to Iowa. I'm sorry if they don't impress me enough to call that a murderers row.

Michigan obviously went through a rough patch, but they're on their way back under Hoke. MSU is similar to Iowa.

Wisconsin WAS similar to Iowa. They're not anymore.

In 2004, Iowa and Wisconsin were vying to become the third power in the Big Ten. They were almost identical programs, had very similar levels of success, and were an even .500 in the all-time series against each other. Couldn't get much closer.

But since then? Wisky is 76-25 since Tate-to-Holloway. Iowa is 58-40. Wisky is 38-18 in the B1G, Iowa 32-29. Wisky has had just 2 seasons since 2004 in which they won less than 10 games (and have a chance at it this year), Iowa has had 7, including this year.

Even as recently as the 2010 game, the programs were on the same level.

But Wisconsin jumped on the opportunity to elevate itself in the conference. Iowa let it slip away (twice, actually).

Everybody always assumes the "next level" is winning 10-11 games every year and being national title contenders on a consistent basis. That's not the case. Iowa will NEVER be Ohio State/Florida/Alabama/etc. They just won't be. But there's a level between where Iowa was a few years ago, and the blue bloods. Wisconsin is on that level now, and that's a level that was/is attainable for Iowa.

Sorry if that's a little bit on a tangent. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

The fact that, that is seen as a murders row shows how much we suck.

yup. We are now Iowa state. Just because you suck way worse than any team on your schedule doesn't mean it is the schedule, it means you suck. Iowa now sucks.

Next year will not be pretty. They'll spend the first 6 games trying to figure out what QB will most effectively run Iowa's ineffective offense. Another losing record would not be a surprise, at all. As far as 2014, we're told to hold on, there's 8 wins waiting for us fans that year? Wow. 8 wins. Can't wait.

Michigan obviously went through a rough patch, but they're on their way back under Hoke. MSU is similar to Iowa.

Wisconsin WAS similar to Iowa. They're not anymore.

In 2004, Iowa and Wisconsin were vying to become the third power in the Big Ten. They were almost identical programs, had very similar levels of success, and were an even .500 in the all-time series against each other. Couldn't get much closer.

But since then? Wisky is 76-25 since Tate-to-Holloway. Iowa is 58-40. Wisky is 38-18 in the B1G, Iowa 32-29. Wisky has had just 2 seasons since 2004 in which they won less than 10 games (and have a chance at it this year), Iowa has had 7, including this year.

Even as recently as the 2010 game, the programs were on the same level.

But Wisconsin jumped on the opportunity to elevate itself in the conference. Iowa let it slip away (twice, actually).

Everybody always assumes the "next level" is winning 10-11 games every year and being national title contenders on a consistent basis. That's not the case. Iowa will NEVER be Ohio State/Florida/Alabama/etc. They just won't be. But there's a level between where Iowa was a few years ago, and the blue bloods. Wisconsin is on that level now, and that's a level that was/is attainable for Iowa.

Sorry if that's a little bit on a tangent. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Agree, man. 2005 and 2010 were crippling years. go better than 15-10 combined in those, and I think a lot of the bad ju-ju surrounding the program doesn't exist.

Next year will not be pretty. They'll spend the first 6 games trying to figure out what QB will most effectively run Iowa's ineffective offense. Another losing record would not be a surprise, at all. As far as 2014, we're told to hold on, there's 8 wins waiting for us fans that year? Wow. 8 wins. Can't wait.

Depending on the situation, I wouldn't mind 8 wins. However, with the way we schedule, and the fact that we had won a BCS game since Indiana had last won a conference home game (before yesterday), I think 8 wins should have just about been the floor the last three years. Going forward from now, I'll take it, I guess.

Oh FFS. Nobody is demanding national titles - we just would like better than the crap we are seeing the last few years. Is their no happy medium between expecting national titles and expecting better than 4-5? I guess if we expect better than this year, that means we are all expecting 12-0. Got it.

As for numerous Rose Bowls, I take it you must not be very old because Iowa want to three of them from 1980-1990. And two BCS games from 2002-09. Yes, "little ole Iowa" managed that. I'm so sick and tired of posts like this. Get real - because "little ole Iowa" is a better program than you think.

Last edited:
Oh FFS. Nobody is demanding national titles - we just would like better than the crap we are seeing the last few years.

As for numerous Rose Bowls, I take it you must not be very old because Iowa want to three of them from 1980-1990. And two BCS games from 2002-09. Yes, "little ole Iowa" managed that. I'm so sick and tired of posts like this. Get real - because "little ole Iowa" is a better program than you think.

Exactly. I think all most people want is to lock down the games where we are big favorites. We probably won't be big favorites for awhile, but hell, if we beat Iowa State and Minnesota last year, then we would have been 8-1 and the division front-runners heading into the MSU game. When each game is 1/12th of your season, you can't afford to throw them away.

If we lose to Purdue next week, that CMU loss from September is worth $ [payout of the Little Caesar's Bowl].

Latest posts