Just saw a replay of the Bernstien block

DuffMan

And it was better than the hit on that ISU player a few years ago. Someone needs to YouTube it. He literally picked the ULM guy off the ground and threw him about ten feet through the air.

I agree Duff! I was disappointed that BTN didn't show better replays of that hit during the game. If you find video of it please post it.

Bernstine had a nice hit too. Seriously, has there ever been a Hawk whose name has been spelled so incorrectly on these boards?:)

Wait for basketball, Gessell lobs to Olasani!

Im assuming this is another 'big block' where the other guy doesn't even see someone coming?

I'm assumming dude didn't see it coming, but regardless it was one of the best hits I've seen in awhile. I only got to see it live and the brief in game replays, but the coverage guy was full speed and Burnnsteen hit him hard enough to actually make him horizontal immediateley and I'm pretty sure he actually flew backwards through the air. It was a massive hit.

And it was better than the hit on that ISU player a few years ago. Someone needs to YouTube it. He literally picked the ULM guy off the ground and threw him about ten feet through the air.

I don't know about that. The Yanda hit was a perfect metaphor.

At what point in the game was this? I wanna go back and check it out.

Missed the Big Block yesterday, and can't find it on YouTube. Bernstine really tightens things up in the middle, where we were killed last season. Hyde and Bernstine give us two very quick, athletic, talented stoppers in the defensive backfield. Throw in All-American prospect Prater and we are alright. Things looking up. This could be a very good year, putting last season on the back burner where it belongs.

Bernstine is very talented, very quick to the line to stop yardage by our opponents, and seemingly effortlessly putting their behinds upon the turf.

Im assuming this is another 'big block' where the other guy doesn't even see someone coming?

So what? Just because the defender has his eyes on the ball carrier and not a blocker doesn't diminish the block. He de-cleated a guy who was trying to make a play on the ball carrier. That's a great block.

Can't find it on the Tube yet, Duff, but I did find this magnificent photo of the other game yesterday.....

iavsulm01.jpg

Looks like Hayden is enjoying the game.....

You can see it on Hawkeyesports.com. It's the highlight headline on the front page at about the 1:15 mark. You don't get a great look at it, but you can see it in the corner of your screen.

49 min mark on my dvr. On 3rd down he has a good hit in an assist, then when they punt to Hyde, Bernstine cracks a guy right under the pads, his feet come up and he does a backwards superman into another of ULM's players and knocks him down as well. Beings how it was right under the pads, he saw it coming, maybe at the last min, but he saw it and the other player had to have seen his team mate flying at him.
It was pretty nice. :) Thats how I like to see the boys play ball, arrow, not target.

I reckon I'm glad yer okay from that Yanda hit a few years back. It looked like you might have died that day but you didn't. How's the family?

Latest posts