Just said on Gameday "Maybe Iowa is pretty good." Herby agreed

Whether by injury, illness or other reasons Kallenberger at right tackle looked better the last two weeks and maybe a new right guard. Running game picking up. And I think the only big bust in pass protection was between A Jackson and the left guard so hope that gets cleared up or I should say 'cleaned up'.

Petras is doing ok but Brady Quinn made a good point about his technique on rollouts and throws to the left as his footwork, hips and shoulders are not in synch most of the time.

The defense may have missed those linebackers the first two games.

Grasshopper...if we play a defense good enough to take something completely away, say the running game, do you think Petras can be effective enough to win the game.

When you have the correct answer, you are ready to leave this board.

Whether by injury, illness or other reasons Kallenberger at right tackle looked better the last two weeks and maybe a new right guard. Running game picking up. And I think the only big bust in pass protection was between A Jackson and the left guard so hope that gets cleared up or I should say 'cleaned up'.

Petras is doing ok but Brady Quinn made a good point about his technique on rollouts and throws to the left as his footwork, hips and shoulders are not in synch most of the time.

Campbell was active last night, did had one huge whiff when Morgan squirted free for a first down he had no business getting. But he should get a full week of practice this week and that will help.

This is the answer. The new right side of the line is better than the line we trotted out the first two games.

Might make it to 5-3 after all! Still don't see Iowa beating Wisconsin. But I didn't think Minnesota would be as bad as they are, either.

Grasshopper...if we play a defense good enough to take something completely away, say the running game, do you think Petras can be effective enough to win the game.

When you have the correct answer, you are ready to leave this board.

Agreed.

The running game looked great. As much as Goodson ran great, the offensive line really opened up holes. If they can't do that against a team that shuts the running game down can Petras win us a game?

Agreed.

The running game looked great. As much as Goodson ran great, the offensive line really opened up holes. If they can't do that against a team that shuts the running game down can Petras win us a game?
Doubt it

Agreed.

The way Petras has been playing, he won't beat teams that shut down our running game. NW showed that. Our running game looked better the last 2 games, BUT it was against 2 horrible rushing defenses, so it remains to be seen how much the line has actually improved against a decent defense.

I think we can beat Wisconsin. If this team continues on an upward trajectory 6-2 is possible.
I don't know. They looked like the most complete Wisconsin offense ever against Michigan. They are really good defensively against the run, and their secondary was a bit better than last year's IMHO.

I don't know. They looked like the most complete Wisconsin offense ever against Michigan. They are really good defensively against the run, and their secondary was a bit better than last year's IMHO.
Agree sadly. Iowa will need to improve more to hang under 10, let alone beat them.

We’re not a bad team but I don’t know how good we are
That's just it we have the skill guys on offense to be pretty darn good. But our QB is kinda holding em back from playing wide open. Feels like there's a governor on the motor of a sports car not letting em really cut loose.

Defense has played classic PParker D. They aren't giving up a ton of points. Pretty much that last Purdue TD by Bell was the most frustrating play we've given up due to D alignment and how they executed. Mostly we shouldn't complain much about the D though.

Special teams has been amazing. Hell Taylor has been the team MVP just about. He'd get votes for it at this point I bet. What's crazy is Duncan has missed a couple makeable kicks for him too. Hope that's all out of his system I'm sure we'll need him to be sharp the rest of the way.

Latest posts