"Just one of those games"

Was he implying Kirk ran up the score? We did score two offensive TDs after the game was out of hand. It's hard to tell anything at all about Fleck meant.

We had kids in the game that are not even on scholarship..
When reserves are in, you let them play. Pass, run, whatever.

If he was mad because he thought we ran up the score, someone should remind him that it was his job to stop Iowa from scoring all those point, not Kirk's.

If the Fleckster is offended by THAT, he's not gonna last long in Division One.

exactly.

i watched the post game handshake. it appeared cordial, and more than a second hand touch and depart. ferentz seemed to say something to him in more than one word, and neither seemed animated or upset.

Have to agree with Jon. I heard his post game interview, when he said Coach Ferentz said "it was just one of those games" it sounded like he was butt hurt or something. It just sounded a little odd.

I'd be surprised if Fleck was miffed about those comments. It was about all KF could say without saying "we could have dropped 70 on you today". That being said, when a MAC team plays 3 B10 teams in the first four, it's like being in the B10...they aren't going to hold up. These teams have a shot at a first game or one non-conference B10 game, but you play a B10 schedule and you are accustomed to it, games like Saturday happen...not to mention all on the road. That was blow out situation waiting to happen. It's one reason why I have an issue with NIU in the Orange Bowl...you didn't play the level of competition week in and week out to earn that game. Sorry, I'm just saying.

Latest posts