Just once, I'd like to hear a player say...

How come he didn't give the losers the physical gifts to win? Did the winners pray more, or louder?

If I had answers like that, I probably wouldn't be on a message board, would I? I'd be too busy being master of the universe :D

If I had answers like that, I probably wouldn't be on a message board, would I? I'd be too busy being master of the universe :D
Give it a shot, but I think Spank had that covered already...

he-man.jpg

Boom! Levity!

Now...as you were. :)

Nothing tips the scales - God is responsible for keeping balance in the universe, not a frickin football game, or an individuals abilities.

I believe in God, but not religion. And to suggest that God, the omnipresent master of the universe can be bothered to deal with a football game is awfully arrogant.

Through primary and secondary causation, God controls everything in the world, down to whether or not a players shoelace comes untied. If anything were not in His control, He would cease to be God, and would only be one god among many.

That is not to say God "pulls for the Hawks" or for the Irish or any nonsense like that. Do we know all of His purposes for everything He does? No way. We'd be fools to think so, other than that all things over the course of the entire history of His world will eventually be brought to the point of giving Him the most glory.

Through primary and secondary causation, God controls everything in the world, down to whether or not a players shoelace comes untied. If anything were not in His control, He would cease to be God, and would only be one god among many.

That is not to say God "pulls for the Hawks" or for the Irish or any nonsense like that. Do we know all of His purposes for everything He does? No way. We'd be fools to think so, other than that all things over the course of the entire history of His world will eventually be brought to the point of giving Him the most glory.

:eek:
You had me at, "we'd be fools".

Latest posts