Just once, I'd like to hear a player say...

BSpringsteen

Sideline Reporter: What went wrong today?

Player: Well you know, I'd like to blame God for this one honestly. I mean I have the talent and my team was good with a fine gameplan, so it must be God's fault. God, if you're listening, this is really not cool.

Listen, if God cares about football, and I hav it an authority that he in fact does not, Notre Dame would have never fallen off the face of the earth.

You must have missed that Buffalo WR that tweeted God failed him, after he dropped a wide open pass in the end zone to cost the Bills the game...that was just a week or two ago.

Considering that when guys thank God for the abilities He's given them, and for their health (they wouldn't be on the podium on crutches), this thread is kind of stupid. No, God doesn't care about who actually wins the game. But the players thank Him for what he's done for them to allow them to be where they are now.

Considering that when guys thank God for the abilities He's given them, and for their health (they wouldn't be on the podium on crutches), this thread is kind of stupid. No, God doesn't care about who actually wins the game. But the players thank Him for what he's done for them to allow them to be where they are now.

There's about a hundred million people brazenly killed just for the hell of it during the 20th century who'd probably disagree that God intervenes in human activity.

I mean if God can't be bothered to stop people from being shipped off to death camps, I doubt he has much time for primma donna athletes.

There's about a hundred million people brazenly killed just for the hell of it during the 20th century who'd probably disagree that God intervenes in human activity.

I mean if God can't be bothered to stop people from being shipped off to death camps, I doubt he has much time for primma donna athletes.

'prima'
And COSIGN.
Xtian memory is selective memory. And I'm being kind. Or at least, kinder than you usually are, Thunder. :D

Which is EXACTLY why I said He doesn't directly affect the game, because who wins isn't important. The players aren't thanking God for letting them win. But He did give them the physical gifts that allowed them to do so.

Which is EXACTLY why I said He doesn't directly affect the game, because who wins isn't important. The players aren't thanking God for letting them win. But He did give them the physical gifts that allowed them to do so.

So kids with cystic fibrosis...guess they had it coming.

Original sin?

There's a big old dead end on this street you're driving.

So kids with cystic fibrosis...guess they had it coming.

Original sin?

There's a big old dead end on this street you're driving.

I'm not ever going to be one of those people that refuses treatment for a medical condition because I'm ready to give myself over to God. I'll do anything I can to preserve my life in that kind of situation. If I'm not making a life or death decision based on that, then it's not going to hurt anything to believe.

I'm not ever going to be one of those people that refuses treatment for a medical condition because I'm ready to give myself over to God. I'll do anything I can to preserve my life in that kind of situation. If I'm not making a life or death decision based on that, then it's not going to hurt anything to believe.

I'm talking about people thanking God for athletic prowess. The same God who ostensibly must then saddle people with disability.

A far superior explanation is DNA.

Nothing tips the scales - God is responsible for keeping balance in the universe, not a frickin football game, or an individuals abilities.

I believe in God, but not religion. And to suggest that God, the omnipresent master of the universe can be bothered to deal with a football game is awfully arrogant.

I'm talking about people thanking God for athletic prowess. The same God who ostensibly must then saddle people with disability.

A far superior explanation is DNA.

You're free to believe what you want. It's not like I believe everything in the Bible unquestioningly. But I'm not here trying to force you to believe what I do. But at the very least you can respect that other people DO believe in a higher power, rather than trying to recruit atheism (dead end remark). It's that sort of thing that's caused a lot of the killing that you referenced.

How come he didn't give the losers the physical gifts to win? Did the winners pray more, or louder?

Latest posts