Just mocked up a forum redesign

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I just spent a few hours drafting a forum pages redesign...we are long overdue for that. Will probably be a few weeks before things are put into place, but I am pleased with the result.

Looking to add a live twitter feed related to the Hawkeyes, an RSS feed page where Hawkeye related articles are automatically sucked in and can be an automated Hawkeye related links drop..plan to create photo gallery pages for football and basketball this coming year, hope to get the non-currency wagering system in place, a full page for Iowa football and basketball video highlights, the creation of a monthly newsletter as well as a digital monthly magazine, with hopes to create printed versions a few times a year that can be picked up free at statewide retailers (in the process of working on some vendors) for a football preview, winter sports preview, recruiting issue, etc.

More is in the offing, but those are some highlights....and all brought to you at the low, low price of FREE ;)

PS: The recruiting database concept is something I will begin discussing with a development partner in April. No promises if we will get it done or not, but gonna take a stab at it

Last edited:
Sounds great! Do you think you could create a forum for other sports such as baseball to try and spark some interest there too?

I can create as many forums as we want...might have a 'Hawkeye Catch All'

Also, I am going to create a Forums drop down menu, and do away with the forum list you see on the left...you will hover over the word Forums and a drop down menu will allow you to click on the forum of your choice.

I can create as many forums as we want...might have a 'Hawkeye Catch All'

Also, I am going to create a Forums drop down menu, and do away with the forum list you see on the left...you will hover over the word Forums and a drop down menu will allow you to click on the forum of your choice.

Jon, right now on my phone, I can just tap "Forums" and refresh the forums front page quickly. Same with the list of forums on the side. Most of the time I've noticed with drop downs on this site, that I'm prompted to open a new page or stay on the current one before it will load. Maybe it would be different on a mobile version for the iPhone? But until that is ready I'm concerned this may be a slowdown. Just thought I'd share.

Jon, right now on my phone, I can just tap "Forums" and refresh the forums front page quickly. Same with the list of forums on the side. Most of the time I've noticed with drop downs on this site, that I'm prompted to open a new page or stay on the current one before it will load. Maybe it would be different on a mobile version for the iPhone? But until that is ready I'm concerned this may be a slowdown. Just thought I'd share.

will make it so we have a one touch button so you can land on the catch all page where it does now

Latest posts