They got what they deserve

You may say you don't want a conference
Well no one wants you anymore
I hope your teams implode now
And your school gets really poor.

11112700.jpe

FTW.

Is that Harry Potter?

This is one of the dumbest threads ever. People getting all bent out of shape about a pretend scenario.

throw in some unicorns and pixie dust and we have ourselves a discussion.

Just imagine it was a Notre Dame message board that expounded the hypothetical situation "Just imagine it was Iowa w/ the calculated child molesting cover up.... just imagine.".... just imagine.

ND player raped a chick and then she killed herself. They made it disappear.
ND killed a videographer. They made it disappear.
Seems to me that psu should have followed the ND skript vis a vis sanderpsky; they might have gotten away with it.

Just reading this thread (first page anyway), but props Vin that there was a good post!

Just imagine it was a Notre Dame message board that expounded the hypothetical situation "Just imagine it was Iowa w/ the calculated child molesting cover up.... just imagine.".... just imagine.

I can't imagine why anyone would do that.

Wait what's this thread about? Well I personally don't care for mexican food. It gives me heartburn, but hey that's just my opinion.

Maybe unindicted, but they certainly didn't disappear.

Personally, I don't think Iowa fans are in a place to judge how another school handles their athletes raping women.
You are correct. But many would have you think we are better than any other program out there in this regard.

Everyone else has a multitude of problems, but not Iowa. We are correct in every way and can do no wrong. Believe it or not, there are others that do as good a job (or maybe better than us) in these areas. You just wouldn't know it by talking to some of our fan base.

I find theonepercent's OP interesting as well.

Why should we try to imagine this? The only reason I can think of is to make ourselves feel superior to someone else and to feel good about ourselves at the expense of someone else's misfortune.

I have better things to do with my time than that.

I was wondering how long before somebody made that connection in print.

Paterno is/was a devout Catholic. The Catholic church has a history of enabling child-molesters. I don't think it's a coincidence that Paterno took a similar attitude toward what was going on under his nose, and that it was allowed to fester.

A 5 yr-old could connect those dots.

And I'm no "Catholic-hater". I was raised Catholic...perhaps that gives me an even better perspective. As involved in the church as my Mom was, she never pushed me to be an altar boy. I've often wondered if she knew something...and that was why.

Paterno is/was a devout Catholic. The Catholic church has a history of enabling child-molesters. I don't think it's a coincidence that Paterno took a similar attitude toward what was going on under his nose, and that it was allowed to fester.

And I'm no "Catholic-hater". I was raised Catholic...perhaps that gives me an even better perspective. As involved in the church as my Mom was, she never pushed me to be an altar boy. I've often wondered if she knew something...and that was why.[/QUOTE]

Now, why would anyone think you're a Catholic hater? Don't you think if your mom didn't want you to be an altar boy at the church you all went to-because she suspected the priest was a pedophile-that she should have gone to a different church?

The ignorance displayed by posters about the Catholic church is simply breath-taking.

And I'm no "Catholic-hater". I was raised Catholic...perhaps that gives me an even better perspective. As involved in the church as my Mom was, she never pushed me to be an altar boy. I've often wondered if she knew something...and that was why.[/QUOTE]

Now, why would anyone think you're a Catholic hater? Don't you think if your mom didn't want you to be an altar boy at the church you all went to-because she suspected the priest was a pedophile-that she should have gone to a different church?

The ignorance displayed by posters about the Catholic church is simply breath-taking.

Not quite as breathtaking as the decades (centuries?) of willing ignorance displayed by catholics.

Latest posts