Just Imagine Had It Been....

What word would you have chosen?

Maybe unindicted, but they certainly didn't disappear.

Personally, I don't think Iowa fans are in a place to judge how another school handles their athletes raping women.

Maybe unindicted, but they certainly didn't disappear.

Personally, I don't think Iowa fans are in a place to judge how another school handles their athletes raping women.

What are your thoughts about how other schools handle killing a videographer and a suicide as the direct result of an athlete's sex crime?

State your argument. Or are you just another gutless internet name-caller?

We are all products of our upbringing and the cutures to which we were exposed. It's a pretty reasonable connection to make...psychiatrists, criminal investigators and prosecuting attorneys (among others) do it routinely.

You're attributing causation without correlation. In doing so, you imply that there is a large segment of the Catholic population (80 million people) who are willing to ignore sexual abuse of children, because those are the values the church instills in them.

If you're assertation that "It's a pretty reasonable assumption" that Catholic culture makes them blind to abuse, then it is "pretty reasonable" to suspect ALL CATHOLICS of tolerating sexual abuse.

Also, you completely ignored Paterno's motives for his crime, which clearly has nothing to do with any cultural upbringing. Also, why did Curley, Spanier, and Schultz ignore the issue? Did the Catholics get to them too?

In all honesty, this thread should be deleted and the poster banned.

What this poster is doing is actually WISHING that children had been raped at Notre Dame in order to make Notre Dame/the Catholic Church look bad.

It's sickening and abhorant and honestly shouldn't even be on this message board.

The title starts "just imagine....". To the OP I say this, I try not to imagine at all the horror and agony that an innocent child goes through being raped by another human being. You are a sick individual to want to imagine this happening at another institution just so you can kick a school/institution that you don't like or agree with.

Please do us all a favor and seek professional help now.

What have we learned in here today, boys and girls?

I've learned that OatesStache is catholic, and likely has ties to notre dame.

In all honesty, this thread should be deleted and the poster banned.

What this poster is doing is actually WISHING that children had been raped at Notre Dame in order to make Notre Dame/the Catholic Church look bad.

It's sickening and abhorant and honestly shouldn't even be on this message board.

The title starts "just imagine....". To the OP I say this, I try not to imagine at all the horror and agony that an innocent child goes through being raped by another human being. You are a sick individual to want to imagine this happening at another institution just so you can kick a school/institution that you don't like or agree with.

Please do us all a favor and seek professional help now.

Another tolerant catholic heard from.

Another tolerant catholic heard from.

I am neither catholic nor am I an ND lover (far from it). What I do have, though, are 3 small children (two of them boys) and for a poster to start a thread asking other posters to imagine boys being raped at a different institution just so he can revel in that is sickening.

Is this what we've become as a society? People can hate religion or another football team so much that they hope boys get raped there so the same thing would happen to them as happened to PSU?

I am neither catholic nor am I an ND lover (far from it). What I do have, though, are 3 small children (two of them boys) and for a poster to start a thread asking other posters to imagine boys being raped at a different institution just so he can revel in that is sickening.

Is this what we've become as a society? People can hate religion or another football team so much that they hope boys get raped there so the same thing would happen to them as happened to PSU?

Who said "hope" (other than you)?

While I find this topic to be bizarre, I highly doubt the OP would actually 'hope' for yound children to be raped at ND. Awkward and in poor taste but completely hypothetical IMO.

This is one of the dumbest threads ever. People getting all bent out of shape about a pretend scenario.

throw in some unicorns and pixie dust and we have ourselves a discussion.

This is one of the dumbest threads ever. People getting all bent out of shape about a pretend scenario.

throw in some unicorns and pixie dust and we have ourselves a discussion.

Imagine Brian Kelly
Ignoring children's pain
We know he could have stopped them
But he had nothing to gain

Imagine all the posters
Screaming for his head

Imagine their TV contract
Going up in smoke
And all their proud tradition
Is nothing but a joke

Imagine their big egos
Crashing to the Earth