Just found out.

Iowa's not going to win the natty this year. Oh.my.god. How will I go on?

Ya gotta understand though, sometimes is not so much That you lose, but How.

Margin for error is actually bigger than it's been in years, but our margin of error has been gigantic in the two losses.

It tests ya as a fan, even a pragmatic one.

Margin for error is actually bigger than it's been in years, but our margin of error has been gigantic in the two losses.

Was you playing stud? What do you do every day? Don't mess up bro!

Perhaps this will be the light at the end of the tunnel...

For the first time in a few years, we have the talent to match up and I agree it’s the How that’s frustrating.

Against Wiscy we beat ourselves with the turnovers. Against Penn St... too many missed opportunities. The fact that they gave us 4 pts, started the 2 drives following the safeties at the 44 and 43, we scored on a trick play and yet we went into half tied was mind boggling.

So the way we’ve lost these two in a year that felt like was the opportunity to take a step in the right direction because of the schedule. Add in its the same story, that the offense couldn’t get it done.

It’s all of that.

Just saying I understand the consternation. Being so close and coming up just a hair short makes it tough.

I'm usually pretty level, but I'm not immune.

Hopefully they bounce back.

And to answer your questions. No. Sales. And mess up plenty.

perhaps it means something when you have 2 losses in the same season and both were to ranked teams and in both games you played like dog-shit but still could have won. it seems to me there room for examining the overall philosophy of the program. it's one thing to never quit; but it is an entirely other animal to completely sell out to make sure a loss simply isn't an option. how many come from behind wins do we have the last 19+ seasons? few. so yeah, it still matters not only how you lost, but most importantly, THAT you lost.

anyone see mcsorely on the side lines huddling really close to a fan? there is no way for me to know, but i assumed that was his father or someone very close to him and it looked like a highly emotional, inspirational and perhaps even a challenge encounter. anyone wonder how mcsorely was able to deal with the pain? who played a pretty pedestrian game and made numerous mistakes and bad throws? mcsorely did. who won?

Our two losses came to very mediocre Wisconsin and Penn State teams. We are not a good football team, rather we beat the weaklings of the West division. We don't win games that matter, period. A good team would have buried PSU yesterday by halftime. That PSU team is one of their weakest teams I've seen in a long time.

Our two losses came to very mediocre Wisconsin and Penn State teams. We are not a good football team, rather we beat the weaklings of the West division. We don't win games that matter, period. A good team would have buried PSU yesterday by halftime. That PSU team is one of their weakest teams I've seen in a long time.

unfortunately, you're correct. look, stanley had his worst game ever. who knows if the play calling was good or bad; with stanley so off, it was hard to tell. but, what we did not see is a team reaching deeper than the winning team.

let's just say it was a sh*tty performance by staff and players alike. but why don't we ever reach deep down to that place that doesn't allow for losing, especially, when you're playing like crap. we are better than both WUs and PSU this season. but, we lost both games. that, is a long established trend.

You start with a negative post, you call out a poster with a "was you playing", (I can firmly say that most of the posters are not active members of the Iowa football team), then you call everyone on the board "losers". Maybe posting just isn't your thing.

He’s more likely a Husker trying to stir the pot.

Latest posts