Just finished listening to Fran's post game comments ... gotta love this guy

DesMoinesHawki

Just love how Fran does not sugar-coat things. He doesn't embarrass players but he is not afraid to make comments about what they could have done better. On Basabe: Fran said he pulled him out; not to embarrass him or berate him ... but to talk to him ... and then he put him back in. Fran is a straight shooter. I like that in a coach. He points out weaknesses and is very good at analyzing (and actually stating) what they did wrong and what they need to do different. No vanilla responses.

This guy knows what he is doing. He knows what it takes to win. Just refreshing to listen to him. The basketball program is in good hands ... :)

I agree with the first part of your statement. The second is a bit of a joke. Really he knows what it takes to win? The team has been so so on D forever. He has been absolutely unable to recruit a PG. AND more importantly what exactly have we won?! A Big Ten championship...NO, a conference tournament championship...NO, and NIT OR NCAA championship....NO. Please help me understand what metric you are using to assess Fran's success....Cupcake State Wins and Losses?

Fran's had a lot of top 10 W's and some great road wins during his time here. I expect plenty more. I feel like he's beat #1, #3, #4... that win at NC always stands out to me, but I think they were just # 12.

I agree with the first part of your statement. The second is a bit of a joke. Really he knows what it takes to win? The team has been so so on D forever. He has been absolutely unable to recruit a PG. AND more importantly what exactly have we won?! A Big Ten championship...NO, a conference tournament championship...NO, and NIT OR NCAA championship....NO. Please help me understand what metric you are using to assess Fran's success....Cupcake State Wins and Losses?

attachment.php

I assumed the Basabe mention would have given it away...

Douchey

Maybe Seepig was in a coma for the last 6 years.

......and to all those who are currently in a coma, I sincerely apologize!

Holy hell, I just woke up from a long slumber. WTF have I missed? Not much apparently. To quote Forrest Gump, " I'm kinda tired, I guess I'll go home now"

Latest posts