Judge says Ferentz can stiff neighbors on HOA fees

One never existed in this case and they never signed on for it! I am just sure Kirk's neighbors are poor folk. Get real. Doctors and professors or business owners. Kirk would have been better off buying a farm somewhere out in the country.
I think at the time he got his place it was a pretty rural place. As others have said others came in and developed around him. Hes been there like 15 plus yrs now I bet. Because yeah I'm sure he fully intended to be in a rural more private place. I dont blame him or his wife one bit. They were there first.

The best part of this story is that two separate lawyers will get paid legal fees as well.

There's nothing quite like the parasites on the production of civilization drawing more blood from its hosts.

"In TRIBAL TIMES, there were the medicine-men. In the Middle Ages,
there were the priests. Today there are the lawyers. For every age, a
group of bright boys, learned in their trade and jealous of their learning,
who blend technical competence with plain and fancy hocus-pocus to
make themselves masters of their fellow men. For every age, a pseudo-intellectual autocracy,
guarding the tricks of its trade from the uninitiated, and running, after its own pattern,
the civilization of its day."

Fred Rodell - Professor of Law, Yale University

...I bought a house once and the girl next door is over chatting in my yard and says "watch out for those people back there, we were watching them with our binoculars one night and they were sitting in the hot tub smoking pot".
I said
"You were watching them in the hot tub with binoculars"??
She said
"Yeah and they were smoking pot"
I again said with more emphasis.
"You were watching them in their hot tub with binoculars"?

She didn't get it....

How hot couple smoking pot?

Heck, how hot girl next door? :)

How hot couple smoking pot?

Heck, how hot girl next door? :)

Not bad. We had our share of young people in that neighborhood back then.
Problem was, the binoculars were just a peak inside of her mind. We had our share of butting heads and over the years the small town local police officer would have to come out (as a mediator). He tells me, just leave her alone, she's friggin nuts. Lmao. I said I get that, I'm not bothering her and proceeded to tell him her antics.
Problem was on the crazy/ hot scale, she wasn't hot enough to warrant that much crazy.
Plus I think she was jealous of my wife. Who was more balanced on the crazy/hot scale, but was also a tramp deep down inside.
So who knows who was more crazy. I just wanted to go to work, work on my house and raise my kids. Once at home, I could care less what goes on outside of my property lines. I've got far to many hobbies for that and as my momma used to say, if you are having to look for something to do, you aren't paying attention.

I miss my neighbor behind me. She worked for ups. Every morning I got my coffee and looked out my kitchen window there she would be, but ass naked in her patio door letting her great Dane out. No binoculars needed. I could see the landing pad clearly....how i miss the go ole days! Something i definitely didn't report to the HOA!

Personally I don't like and have turned down looking at property because it had an HOA.
I can't imagine telling someone else what and where they can plant. What color they can side or paint their house. ECT. ECT.
It's none of my dam business!
Just like what I do is none of theirs.
I grew up in small town Iowa, where everyone knows everyone's business, if they don't, they will make some crap up.
It's nice to know your neighbors. It's nice to be friends with them and be able to count on them. But come on.
What really pisses me off about this is.
So an HOA is saying absolutely no artist? Well ok, but you can't express it.
I bet Einstein and Tesla wouldn't fit into an HOA mold either. So no intelligent people.
It's just stupid and not very progressive thinking.
Now I agree that things should be handled amongst a community. You know "hey your dog is an asshole and if you let it keep running loose, one of these days it probably won't be home". Or "hey ya know there are kids around here, slow your butt down and pay attention. Don't be so selfish".
I can even see "hey can you trim your tree that is hanging on my property".
But and I kid you not.
I bought a house once and the girl next door is over chatting in my yard and says "watch out for those people back there, we were watching them with our binoculars one night and they were sitting in the hot tub smoking pot".
I said
"You were watching them in the hot tub with binoculars"??
She said
"Yeah and they were smoking pot"
I again said with more emphasis.
"You were watching them in their hot tub with binoculars"?

She didn't get it.

You don't need an HOA. People are nosy enough anyway. They would rather tell you how to tend to your own garden instead of tending to their own.

Look, pal, homeowners associations do important work. They make sure you’re taking care of the weeds, not storing junk cars on cinder block on your yard, not tossing old appliances out the back, keeping the house painted in “approved” HOA colors, They also pay to maintain common areas — home addition entrances, trees, roads.

In short, HOAs serve to keep home values up and the riff-raff out.

Really sad that the Iowa football coach, with his extremely lucrative salary and benefits, doesn’t feel he needs to be a part of that and contribute just a few thousand dollars to keep the ‘hood up. He probably also supports right-to-work.

Beyond that, the neighbors with their meager resources get stuck with the court costs of trying to get him and his entitled family to do what’s right.

Wow, your not an aspiring communist are you? A group of neighbors forms an HOA and demands that someone (Ferentz) join who chooses not to join then tries to force him to do so by lawsuit.. I'm sorry I thought this was still a free country but the left is doing everything possible to change that. P.S. And I do support right to work. Again, this is still a free country despite your wishes.

Look, pal, homeowners associations do important work. They make sure you’re taking care of the weeds, not storing junk cars on cinder block on your yard, not tossing old appliances out the back, keeping the house painted in “approved” HOA colors, They also pay to maintain common areas — home addition entrances, trees, roads.

In short, HOAs serve to keep home values up and the riff-raff out.

Really sad that the Iowa football coach, with his extremely lucrative salary and benefits, doesn’t feel he needs to be a part of that and contribute just a few thousand dollars to keep the ‘hood up. He probably also supports right-to-work.

Beyond that, the neighbors with their meager resources get stuck with the court costs of trying to get him and his entitled family to do what’s right.
I Agree. Great text. Can HC get a relative on HOA board? Never say Never huh? Baseball Rocking. Great Coach and Hawk Tough Players. Wonder how recruiting going? A 4**** or 2 would be Slick! True HawkTeam Effort.

The thing I find funny is that Ferentz could not just cough up the 9,200.00 dollars from the seats of his sofas. Pocket change to him.

The thing I find funny is that Ferentz could not just cough up the 9,200.00 dollars from the seats of his sofas. Pocket change to him.

Why is that "funny"? Would you pay any sum of money to a group that you want nothing to do with? (And if you would, why?) If I lived in a place that had an HOA spring up around where I chose to build my home, I definitely wouldn't pay either.

Why is that "funny"? Would you pay any sum of money to a group that you want nothing to do with? (And if you would, why?) If I lived in a place that had an HOA spring up around where I chose to build my home, I definitely wouldn't pay either.

Not only that if you had the cash to back it up, it then becomes a matter of principal.
In the end all a man has is his principals and his word.

Not only that if you had the cash to back it up, it then becomes a matter of principal.
In the end all a man has is his principals and his word.
An HOA trying to rope you needs to be handled like seeing a cockroach or termites in your house or fire ants in your yard. You have to napalm the damn thing. The $9200 today is just one thing. Then the HOA decides it wants to put in a pool and playground. Then some kid trespassing on the playground breaks his neck, and SURPRISE, "hey, sorry coach, we didn't want to trouble you with paying $30 a year for insurance so we don't have any and now we're getting sued for 12 million." https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/vall...cle_d95f37d0-65e7-5e49-b710-20d5ac17bd4b.html

I'll bet there are some not-so-friendly neighborhood conversations when they first tried to subdivide the property next door. Ferentz is just sticking to his original home-owning game plan. Funny how that carries over into other areas of his career.

An HOA trying to rope you needs to be handled like seeing a cockroach or termites in your house or fire ants in your yard. You have to napalm the damn thing. The $9200 today is just one thing. Then the HOA decides it wants to put in a pool and playground. Then some kid trespassing on the playground breaks his neck, and SURPRISE, "hey, sorry coach, we didn't want to trouble you with paying $30 a year for insurance so we don't have any and now we're getting sued for 12 million." https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/vall...cle_d95f37d0-65e7-5e49-b710-20d5ac17bd4b.html

I was saying that if you have the $ to back it up, I would have done the same thing.
They built around him. They wanted an HOA.
I guess if they build something and get sued then they do. I don't see how that affects someone who is not in the HOA.
I say good for him, it's nice to see people who have money fighting fights that need to be fought. That's principal and conviction.

I was saying that if you have the $ to back it up, I would have done the same thing.
I guess if they build something and get sued then they do. I don't see how that affects someone who is not in the HOA.
I say good for him, it's nice to see people who have money fighting fights that need to be fought. That's principal and conviction.
Yeah, I was buttressing your point where someone had said something like "derp, Ferentz has $9200." It ain't just $9200. Next thing you know you get hit with more assessments and some pearl clutcher handing over a 75 page declaration and 20 pages of rules.

It doesn't seem all that different than the common forced annexation of previously unincorporated areas that get surrounded by development that wants city services. Don't often hear about someone winning against these forces. Is it just a matter of time until more development surrounds the Ferentz homestead and swallows them into some sort of municipality or HOA? Not sure where the property actually is.

doing some stalking on the internet, it looks like Ferentz and this Buatti guy live right across the street from each other and there's only one other house at the end of the road. Must be a super awkward neighborhood to live in and I find it hilarious.

Latest posts