Juco PG

I have heard that the coaching staff is going to find a place for Brommer after the season. That would open up a scholarship to sign a guard. Williams at Kirkwood is pretty good.

That would be interesting if true. Brommer has seen more playing time than I expected and has been somewhat adequate (granted we are 3-7).

If, as we have been led to believe, the system takes a long time to learn, how can a Juco point be the answer?

Someone that could take the pressure off the system with the ability to get to the basket would be accepted. Someone with this ability would make this system look much better with our shooters being able to spot up. Need the players! I really don't believe the SYSTEM can be that hard to learn. I think it is more of a train of thought of what to do during certain situations defensively and handling turnovers. Understanding positioning on both ends. Those two things are the mainstay of Lickliter's past success. His offense had some more options with players he had before. No facts, just my thoughts.

If, as we have been led to believe, the system takes a long time to learn, how can a Juco point be the answer?

Butler started 3 frosh and a sophmore and a junior last year and they had a great season. If those frosh can come in and immediately be stars like Mack and Hayward...then our COY better be able to teach it to a juco player.

Well even if Brommer leaves, don't we have more scholarships? Every time i watch Iowa play, it seems we have 5 players on the court and 4 guys on the bench. EVERY other team has 5 players on the court, and 10 guys on the bench! I know you are allowed like 12 scholly's and then 3 walk-ons. why doesn't Iowa add more walk-ons this year, i am sure there is some athletes walking around Iowa's campus, wanting to play basketball!

I hope lick's kid is not using a scholarship, if he is, that is just a waste. Personally Devan Bawinkle doesn't deserve a scholly either! If i was lick, I would go out and look hard at the Juco's and find a playmaker! I do not care if it is a forward, Guard, center, whoever! Iowa needs someone who can simply play the game, and someone who is gonna be an impact player right away.

I know DMACC has a little PG by the name of hal bateman, he is from the SE part of Iowa. he is really small, but the kid is quick and a very good ball handler, not a very good shooter from what i have read in the papers. But anyways, lick needs to look at some athletes soon, it is depressing watching iowa get burnt over and over again!

I have heard that the coaching staff is going to find a place for Brommer after the season. That would open up a scholarship to sign a guard. Williams at Kirkwood is pretty good.

Good grief..........Kaylon Williams would be a good start, but bringing in a forward and a center are almost a MUST, right now.

:)

Williams would be a good and logical choice, but I've heard that there are personality issues. We definitely need a point.

Latest posts