JUCO DE for next season

HawkleberryFinn

What about using one of the last scholarships of the 2016 class to grab a top flight JUCO DE rather than another Dean Tsopanides type? We'll be thin at that position next year. It'll be Hesse/Nelson, and not much after that. It'll take a couple years to develop the talented freshmen linemen of the 2016 class.

I'd say that if parker Hesse can become the player that he is as a conversion to DE from lb in a season...we have to have similar athletes in the room that can do something similar. If we don't we can try the waterboy.

Maybe theyll slide Ekakitie out there. I remember in 09, Ferentz talked about getting your best 4 out there on the D line and they were able to do that by moving people around(Ballard moving inside). A D line of Hesse/Nelson, Bazata, Johnson and Ekakitie would be fine.

Id be ok with that, IF... You find a kid that has a good, team attitude. I don't want to bring in some juco thug pulling out street signs like catsup and mustard does. I'd rather stick with what we have than bring in something toxic to hurt team chemistry. But yeah, find a good kid that's ready to go, let's do it

Is Bo Bower destined for DE? I see that he is on the Raider package. Can he be a Nate Meier replacement next season.....

Slower LB is faster D lineman?

There are several freshman/red-shirt freshmen on the roster. No need to panic about the DE position for next season.

Does anyone have any info on Terrence Harris? I watched him a bit at the practice in Des Moines last summer and he passes the eye test. He's big, looks athletic, fast. After the practice Doyle was making him run sprints. I figured he was in the dog house for something. Could this be a guy for us next year?

Latest posts