Juan Harris commits to Indiana

Then he de-commits, then re-commits, then de-commits, we'll, I guess you get the picture.....good luck kid, we'll be seeing ya in the juco trenches soon enough....

Might be a good fit for him. People have questioned his drive and that is not something you can go without if you want to see the field for Ferentz. This will give him the opportunity to prove people wrong and still have the opportunity to play in the Big Ten. Personally I wish him luck.

Lol okay now I know this isn't going to work out. I'm glad the Hawks ended up with his scholarship to give to someone more deserving. The fact he decommitted from the Hawks and then committed to Indiana is hilarious.

It's all such a weird deal from the outside looking in... It's probably less understandable if we knew the whole story. I'd still rather have the kid than not being an Iowa kid and as good as he may end up being. But it is what it is. Hope we can get that other big kid Iowa's after and not miss a beat.

Lol okay now I know this isn't going to work out. I'm glad the Hawks ended up with his scholarship to give to someone more deserving. The fact he decommitted from the Hawks and then committed to Indiana is hilarious.

I am still of the belief that the staff may have asked him to move on and his final decommitment from Iowa was not 100% his choice. I'm not sure exactly what the straw was that broke the camel's back (perhaps wanting to camp at Illinois or his spat with AJ and Eno) but I think KF was growing weary of his 'process'.

Reactions: trj
I am still of the belief that the staff may have asked him to move on and his final decommitment from Iowa was not 100% his choice. I'm not sure exactly what the straw was that broke the camel's back (perhaps wanting to camp at Illinois or his spat with AJ and Eno) but I think KF was growing weary of his 'process'.

I agree. Everyone is going to draw their own conclusion about the weird recruiting drama involving Harris. I won't speak for anyone else, but the conclusion I've drawn is that the kid has some serious issues. Some his fault. Some that probably aren't his fault. Either way the Hawks don't need to deal with it. Not at that position. They've got enough talent coming in and they always develop the DL very well. No reason to take an unnecessary risk. It's a headache and a distraction to the entire team when you have a diva looking for attention and the coaches have to waste their time and energy dealing with it.

For Juan's sake I hope he figures it out and does well for himself. I don't wish any ill will on the kid. I'm just glad my favorite team isn't the one dealing with his baggage.

I wish him well, but the fact he decommitted from Iowa and then committed to... Indiana?.... makes me think, as said above, that his "decommittment" possibly wasn't as voluntary as it may have seemed.

Regardless, I wish him well. It doesn't seem like he's had the most stable situation in his life and deserves a break.

I remember after DW left someone came on here (or was it another board? I can't remember) professing to know him and said he didn't have the best mentors as a youngster. If that's true of JH then it might be addition by subtraction for Iowa. Indiana took a D-line decommit (David Kenny?) from Iowa a few years back. IIRC his dad got a job as a coach at Indiana and his son followed him there. Anyone know what happened to that kid?

I remember after DW left someone came on here (or was it another board? I can't remember) professing to know him and said he didn't have the best mentors as a youngster. If that's true of JH then it might be addition by subtraction for Iowa. Indiana took a D-line decommit (David Kenny?) from Iowa a few years back. IIRC his dad got a job as a coach at Indiana and his son followed him there. Anyone know what happened to that kid?

Kenny left Indiana in 2014 for personal reasons. I read he transferred to Illinois State in January.

Juan Harris decommitting from a promising recruiting class at Iowa does seem puzzling. We can only speculate but we've seen this staff restrict visits for verbal commits before. This would be my best guess with Juan. With all the waffling he's done I could definitely see Kirk telling him he'd lose his spot. Kirk's been burned enough times in these situations and he also has some leverage with the team's recent success. Don't want to approach NSD not being sure if he's 100% Iowa. There's plenty of prospects to give that scholly to in this class that want to be in Iowa.

I remember last time Juan decomitted from Iowa..same day Kelvin Bell tweeted that best policy with recruits is total honesty..even if it feels like chewing glass..no idea if tweet related to Harris..but if so..

Cyfans are talking about Juan Harris. He could be Rodney Coe 2.0. I'm willing to let him be a clown for the year he's eligible.