Jr. Seau killed himself... Not football

Lots of failed business ventures. Remember Say Ow Gear?
logo.ashx

Just wondering... what will thoughts for his family do?

Make the OP feel better. If that is all it does than it is worth it.
Who knows maybe there is someone here on this site that lost a family memmber to suicide. Its really a tough loss ( like most deaths are ).

Also thoughts for his family gave you the opportunity to show your colors in your brilliant reply. Well done. Way to spread the love.

Last edited:
Just wondering... what will thoughts for his family do?
Make the OP feel better. If that is all it does than it is worth it.Who knows maybe there is someone here on this site that lost a family memmber to suicide. Its really a tough loss ( like most deaths are ). Also thoughts for his family gave you the opportunity to show your colors in your brilliant reply. Well done. Way to spread the love.

Thank you. No malicious intent. Just a thought-provoking question, I hope. But I'll take brilliant. ;)

I like PTHawk very much and I hope he posts here more often.

It is always entertaining to read obtuse, sanctimonious responses to a legit question. :D

It's kind of like when a poster on here says "I wish him (player) all the best" or "Congrats to (player) on making Big 10 2nd team." No players are getting this site to read that XYZHawkfan wishes them the best. Just the poster making him/herself feel like part of the team, or maybe feel important.

It's kind of like when a poster on here says "I wish him (player) all the best" or "Congrats to (player) on making Big 10 2nd team." No players are getting this site to read that XYZHawkfan wishes them the best. Just the poster making him/herself feel like part of the team, or maybe feel important.

False, when I was in school I had friends on the team that checked the message boards daily. I think parents are on even more than players.

False, when I was in school I had friends on the team that checked the message boards daily. I think parents are on even more than players.

none of them ever told you that hey, i was on hokination.com and 'superxhok' just said on the messageboard that my family was in his thoughts, and that just made my day knowing that they were thinking of me...

It is interesting that Seau had no evidence of CTE. The OP is right. It will be very easy to blame these thongs on football-related trauma. And it still is a sad situation.

I doubt Junior Seau's family frequents this site.

No and I don't think the players care that much what people post. I remember one of my friends saying he liked to check the boards because it was funny to see what the idiots were posting.

Not meaning to dump on the OP. Just always find it interesting human nature to do so.

One could argue the benefits of prayer (as in thoughts and prayers...), but it seems pretty New Age-ish to me to just state "thoughts for the family". It certainly is done often (I'm sure I've been guilty in the past), and it is definitely more PC.

Junior Seau autopsy finds no signs of drugs or brain damage - latimes.com

Jr. Seau had a clean autopsy. No alcohol, no illegal drugs, and no signs of any brain damage from his years of football! Maybe he was just depressed. Time to stop blaming concussions for everything until the facts come out, but still recognize their possible outcomes.

Thoughts for his family!

The circumstantial evidence surrounding his death was consistant with CTE. That's what got everyone suspicious. The diagnoses is made based on specific damage seen in brain tissue samples. That rules out CTE.

What got everyone thinking in that dirrection was a number of high profile cases where CTE was a factor in similar behavior. Your right though there's a lot of people out there that are suffering from one form of depression or another and most of them don't have CTE.

Junior Seau autopsy finds no signs of drugs or brain damage - latimes.com

Jr. Seau had a clean autopsy. No alcohol, no illegal drugs, and no signs of any brain damage from his years of football! Maybe he was just depressed. Time to stop blaming concussions for everything until the facts come out, but still recognize their possible outcomes.

Thoughts for his family!

Junior Seau had brain disease CTE - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

dude had CTE. care to change your views now? or still want to bury your head in the sand?

Latest posts