Jordan Canzeri

Look, you are automatically saying he is out for the year. We don't know that!
I for one will take Kirk's word on that; he's seen the injury. We don't know how bad it is, but it's highly unlikely they would allow him to come back at the end of the season.

gotta side with Columbus on the point that different people and different injuries heal differently. We don't know what the season holds and we "could" be in the hunt come Nov and we may have another dire need for a rb, and mccall could be ready to go for the last two games and bowl. We don't need to apply for a hardship red shirt anytime soon, and we don't need to burn Canzori's out of haste, so that he can develop on his schedule. time will tell, right?

The idea of "burning a redshirt" sometimes perplexes me. The kid is here to play. We could use him on the field now. What exactly are we saving him for? He'll have the same guys ahead of him on the depth chart next year (and the year after) that he has now. With McCall out, he has an opportunity to contribute now. (we played Freshman WRs and a TE on Saturday...why didn't we "save" them?)

Play him. We need a speed back to compliment Coker.

You don't know what the depth chart will be next season. In fact, you haven't the slightest clue, just like the rest of us. If there's anything the AIRBHG has shown us, it's that nobody knows anything about the IA depth chart a year from now - shouldn't we be raving about Robinson, Wegher and Hampton? But more importantly, the main point of RS'ing Canzeri is so he can physically develop (and theoretically adjust to college life w/ less stress), which could very likely mean he passes some players on the depth chart, be it White, Johnson, or even McCall or Coker...any of which may not even be at IA come next season (I genuinely hope they all are, but none of us know for fact they will).

No way I'd burn Canzeri's RS yet. If things turn out to be magical like '09, give him the Rogers emergency treatment.

Canzeri will see the field in 2011... But I think you missed a couple attacks by AIRBHG. You can add Coe to the 2011 list, that I remember. Seems that there were others, but what a nasty list! It makes me stir in my sleep...

Next man in - Jordan Canzeri.

One issue is that these guys might not be ready technically or physically to not get hurt. Sorry, but watching McCall run, he was an injury waiting to happen. The kind of abandon by which he was running was compelling, but also dangerous. He also looked strong in some ways, but not completely developed.

One of the problems with Iowa not developing and keeping RB talent is we get kids out there before they are physically and technically ready.

The idea of "burning a redshirt" sometimes perplexes me. The kid is here to play. We could use him on the field now. What exactly are we saving him for? He'll have the same guys ahead of him on the depth chart next year (and the year after) that he has now. With McCall out, he has an opportunity to contribute now. (we played Freshman WRs and a TE on Saturday...why didn't we "save" them?)

Play him. We need a speed back to compliment Coker.

Absolutely agree 100%. These days, "saving" players for later rarely makes sense.

Iowa needs Canzeri to play now. He should be #2.

Latest posts