Jordan Bohannon Returning for Sixth Season at Iowa

Hawk Central article basically said that all of his team mates wanted him back, which leads you to believe it's not going to cause a riff. If that can legit be the case, this is a huge get for Iowa. There isn't a single player in the portal with Jordan's resume and Iowa absolutely needed a deep threat. I don't hold out a lot of hope for JoeW to come back but let's say he somehow does... man, Iowa is looking a little different in a lot of peoples eyes.
My hope is the Fran manages this wisely= play him off the bench or yank him on his 2-14 nights. He also needs to tell our young guards how he intends to play him and stick to his guns. He can't tell the young-un's they are gonna get their minutes and then not hold up his end. They all got a free year, but that is gone now.

It is for one year. That will not upset the rest of the roster. He will play when he is put on the floor by Fran. Like most players, he will have some good games and some off nights. His role will be made clear by Fran and the team will accept his decisions. They do trust Fran. Obviously, the transfers have really hurt us, and we could suffer one more wound if JW goes pro. We should be grateful. JBO has set 3 point shot records galore. He is a decent assist guy. He does not turn the ball over. He has become adept at grabbing long rebounds Deadly from the line. Now, sit and bitch about his defense. My observation is that he works hard, is floor smart. Yes, he lacks quickness. But all in all I think the critics are vastly overplaying their hand because it’s easy. I would love to see a knowledgeable poster (is that an oxymoron?) actually pick some random games and count his defensive errors. Until then, I call bullshit on the view that he is a disaster.

It is for one year. That will not upset the rest of the roster. He will play when he is put on the floor by Fran. Like most players, he will have some good games and some off nights. His role will be made clear by Fran and the team will accept his decisions. They do trust Fran. Obviously, the transfers have really hurt us, and we could suffer one more wound if JW goes pro. We should be grateful. JBO has set 3 point shot records galore. He is a decent assist guy. He does not turn the ball over. He has become adept at grabbing long rebounds Deadly from the line. Now, sit and bitch about his defense. My observation is that he works hard, is floor smart. Yes, he lacks quickness. But all in all I think the critics are vastly overplaying their hand because it’s easy. I would love to see a knowledgeable poster (is that an oxymoron?) actually pick some random games and count his defensive errors. Until then, I call bullshit on the view that he is a disaster.
Agree...as long as he does not have to play point for long stretches this is not such a bad thing.

The more it sinks in the better news this is. As others have stated he fills a desperate need on this team as a proven 3 point threat and we weren't going to find a better one in the portal. You don't turn down a 25 year old with his credentials for crying out loud. Experience makes up for a lot of physical shortcomings and he will be the best player he has ever been.

I will say this though, please give the keys to JT and keep JBO off the point 80% or more of the time.. I want to see hyperdrive action on offense.

Serious hypothetical question. I know it is not happening with Garza.....but fact or fiction...Iowa would win the Big Ten regular season if Garza, JBo, and Joe returned?

"Jbo fatigue"

I have read and/or heard this phrase quite a bit the last 2 or 3 days. I've got mixed emotions on it. By him coming back what are those 2-4 more wins worth? He is taking minutes away from someone.

Perkins, JoeT, Uhlis: Of this group who ends up unhappy? Who does Fran have to re-recruit?

I hope JBo is coming back with an understanding and maybe his wish to play a shooting wing position ala Matt Gatens, etc. We need to find out who are really good point guards are or if we have a really good pt guard. These other teams pt guards have just eaten Fran's defensive Lunch over the years. We need someone with quickness to defend and to penetrate and run the show.

The ball needs to be in and out of players hands quicker after a couple of dribbles if nothing opens up for them.

on another thread here you my friend are deluionsal his numbers were at Iowa reminder freaking Iowa who has not been to a 16 since Heston parted the Red Sea kind of like saying Troy Skinner was a baller?
A quick perusal of your post history shows that 7 of your last 8 post were bitching about Bohannon being a shitty player, 40 out of your total 40 posts were complaining and bitching about the Hawks, and worst of all, you misspelled the word heroin.

I’m gonna just go ahead and do you a huge favor by not forcing you to have to get angry and expend your ever-precious energy and time making such poignant posts in order to educate all of us proletariat sheep here at HN.

Later, Martha...

Tell Matt Campbell I said he’s a douche bag.

Serious hypothetical question. I know it is not happening with Garza.....but fact or fiction...Iowa would win the Big Ten regular season if Garza, JBo, and Joe returned?

I highly doubt it as the hawks were 2 to 3 games out of first place during regular season and got blitzed in the tourney. The hawks stubbled when CJF was out with his injuries and his shooting was gone and now he is gone.

But if JT or someone steps up and plays great at the point along with Keegan improving another 25% then maybe they could win it. Point guard is a big if.

This will be an extremely young team next year. I think it’s good for Iowa even if he’s an imperfect player. I know people are pumped about JT and Perkins but those guys averaged like 5 ppg combined last year. There will be some games he’s a huge factor in next year.

Out of the teams that finished ahead of us, Illinois is gunna for sure drop below where we would be with Garza and Michigan is 50/50 to drop below us (mostly depending on how good their freshmen class is). Baring some crazy improvement out of a team that finished behind us, the only teams that would stand a chance of passing us is Purdue (pretty likely actually) and Ohio State (probably not).

My guess is we would finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Getting a little off thread, but -

will be interesting to see how many who are 'going pro' or 'portal' come back and remain.

The overseas pro options have changed by the week as the pandemic has altered many clubs' cash flow situations. Reading there likely will not be the money or guarantees that have been available for the last 2 decades. Possible that a couple mid-level leagues may fold altogether.

Is it worth going 21-13 and losing in the quarterfinal of the NIT? My answer would be 'no' unless it somehow guaranteed a NCAA tournament berth.
I’m in wait and see mode. I tend
to agree with you but Fran has surprised me before. Next year was looking to be a rebuild regardless, now let’s see what happens. What if Murray does take a huge step? What if Patrick and Joe T do too? What if there’s some players on last years squad who are all a year older and they all take a gradual step up? Jordan can bridge that gap hopefully. He’s been there, he’s probably helpful and encouraging. You’ll take his leadership. You’ll take his shoting imo. I’m not ready to bury next year yet; I’ll agree it looks grim, but we don’t really know what we got just yet either. A big ball of unknown.

This will be an extremely young team next year. I think it’s good for Iowa even if he’s an imperfect player. I know people are pumped about JT and Perkins but those guys averaged like 5 ppg combined last year. There will be some games he’s a huge factor in next year.
They avg'ed few points due to very limited playing time. Those numbers are sure to go up with more pt.

Getting a little off thread, but -

will be interesting to see how many who are 'going pro' or 'portal' come back and remain.

The overseas pro options have changed by the week as the pandemic has altered many clubs' cash flow situations. Reading there likely will not be the money or guarantees that have been available for the last 2 decades. Possible that a couple mid-level leagues may fold altogether.
Good point!

Is it worth going 21-13 and losing in the quarterfinal of the NIT? My answer would be 'no' unless it somehow guaranteed a NCAA tournament berth.

This makes no sense. If my options are with JBo the Hawks go 21-13 and the NIT or finish worse without him I’ll take the NIT and it’s not even close. I’m not a huge JBo fan, I’ve been arguing since he got here that he shouldn’t have been the PG but at the 2 he’s going to win us a few games. There are games where he gets hot and carries the team and with Fredrick gone they need him. I’m confused as to why it‘s NCAA or bust for you?

I’m in wait and see mode. I tend
to agree with you but Fran has surprised me before. Next year was looking to be a rebuild regardless, now let’s see what happens. What if Murray does take a huge step? What if Patrick and Joe T do too? What if there’s some players on last years squad who are all a year older and they all take a gradual step up? Jordan can bridge that gap hopefully. He’s been there, he’s probably helpful and encouraging. You’ll take his leadership. You’ll take his shoting imo. I’m not ready to bury next year yet; I’ll agree it looks grim, but we don’t really know what we got just yet either. A big ball of unknown.

Murray did take a huge leap by the end of the season.

If I were Joe T.... Joe T is a quick guard. Though I don't think that is unusual for a point in D1, it he did make the Big opponents look like he was on fast forward and the opponents not (in the Big). This probably delays others development including Murry 2.0 JB's demeanor is fun and more appropriate when he's doing well. His overall numbers were pretty good, but there were games and stretches where he was not a factor. I do wonder if his hip changes his shooting form.

Out of the teams that finished ahead of us, Illinois is gunna for sure drop below where we would be with Garza and Michigan is 50/50 to drop below us (mostly depending on how good their freshmen class is). Baring some crazy improvement out of a team that finished behind us, the only teams that would stand a chance of passing us is Purdue (pretty likely actually) and Ohio State (probably not).

My guess is we would finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Don't count on that out of IL.

Latest posts