Jonny Mullings - (Punter/Kicker)

Couldn't he back up a little bit and catch a longer snap?

He could, but that would shorten the angle for punt blockers to come around the end. It would make for some real nerve-wracking punts late in close games on the road.

As for the punting...did I see that right? He's starting about 5 yards deep in the end zone, and kicking from just behind the goal line (pylons) right? So, 5 yards deep in the end zone puts the LOS at about the 10, so all those 50 yard punts are actually 40-45 yards once you actually add them from the LOS as punts are currently measured. So while the total distance is over 50, the actual measured distance is about 10 yards less. But if he can get 40-45 yard kicks every time with nearly 5 seconds of hangtime, there won't be much return yardage.

We should be using this kid for kickoffs. Murray doesn't seem to be able to go deeper than the 18 yard line. It sucks to give the other team the ball on the 35 or 40 yard line all the time. If we could use a guy like this to kick to the end zone or beyond like Nate did, it would really help our average field position.

I longsnapped to Jonny in high school i can tell you that he is the real deal. Saw him punt a ball sixty yards in the air even though it was only in practice it was still something to see

Latest posts