Jonathon Parker

BILLBUCKNER

This kid has impressive speed that we rarely see at Iowa. He appears to be yet another of the 'diamonds' that KF and staff have found. He was the last recruit in 2013 class to commit and we pried him away from a MAC school for his services. I look forward to seeing him become a more integral part of our offense in years to come. Should be a special player if he can stay healthy.

I agree. But it is curious why we only tried the one jet sweep. This kid does bring some much needed speed to the position.

I agree. But it is curious why we only tried the one jet sweep. This kid does bring some much needed speed to the position.

I actually think there is a bit more to go along with the jet sweet. They ran that pitch play with it that was pretty interesting. If there's more to it they may just be keeping it under wraps.

Tavaun Smith had only Iowa for BCS offer and Powell had Ohio U. All 3 of these playmakers are diamond in the rough types ! Mabin and King on D too

Some of the passing plays that have been set up for Bullock might look even better with JP. I'm not sure if he can catch or not, but he might look good on a screen pass out in space.

They're going to have to find a consistent spot in the offense or use him as a decoy a few times, because every time he comes in he gets the ball.

They're going to have to find a consistent spot in the offense or use him as a decoy a few times, because every time he comes in he gets the ball.

They used him as a decoy fairly well against Purdue with the jet sweeps.

Get him 4-5 reps as a true TB. Let's see if he can make something happen. It appears he has speed, which is a missing ingredient in our other RBs...but I think they showed a marked improvement this week. I was encouraged.

Because when you see Parker line uo out wide, you know it's coming. It's hard to get that to work more than once in a game. I could be wrong but I feel like they did try it again and it was snuffed out.
He does need to touch the ball more though.

We have some guys that are really dangerous in space. When Parker is running near full speed while the D is still reacting, and there’s a running lane, watch out. Would love to see the jet sweep become a regular part of the offense.

Some of the passing plays that have been set up for Bullock might look even better with JP. I'm not sure if he can catch or not, but he might look good on a screen pass out in space.

Sorry but this isn't going to fly. Bullocks primary responsibility as a third down back (passing down back) is blocking. The first time Parker tries to get in the way of a defensive lineman or blitzing linebacker he's going to be a big bug splat

Sorry but this isn't going to fly. Bullocks primary responsibility as a third down back (passing down back) is blocking. The first time Parker tries to get in the way of a defensive lineman or blitzing linebacker he's going to be a big bug splat

I agree Parker is not going to replace Bullock as the third down back but you dont' have to exclusivly run those plays on third down and on a screen the back wouldn't be blocking anyway, he would be catching the ball.

It is nice to see a couple of speed guys on the field for Iowa. Parker is getting valuable experience this season and will only continue to grow as a player.

Because when you see Parker line uo out wide, you know it's coming. It's hard to get that to work more than once in a game. I could be wrong but I feel like they did try it again and it was snuffed out.
He does need to touch the ball more though.

Wisconsin ran a jet sweep like every other play last year withJared Abbrederis.

Latest posts