Jon - was this the most agitated pressser of KF's era?

Reading the transcript today, this is the most agitated I have ever seen Ferentz. He seemed to really not be enjoying himself these days.

So my question for Jon et al... Is this the saltiest you've seen Ferentz during a presser?

He's had bad losses before, but the line of questioning seemed to really be ******* him off today.

2007 there was a lot of this. Between the train wreck we had at QB and the Everson sexual assault things got very testy. Especially during the post season that year when a female reporter hammered on Kirk about when he found out and if he had reported the sexual assault to the University administration.

"...but he does care about his team falling short of expectations."

Then perhaps he should give his team a chance to win instead of shutting down at the end of games? Just a thought.

Agree with you most of the time Storm but not on this one. Kirk made the wrong call both times. The Hawks could not stop Jantz/Iowa State last Saturday and their backs were really against the wall when it went into OT.

Agree with you most of the time Storm but not on this one. Kirk made the wrong call both times. The Hawks could not stop Jantz/Iowa State last Saturday and their backs were really against the wall when it went into OT.

There are a few things to be angry with KF about, those two calls are not either one.

Not figuring out a horrific attrition problem that has caused a serious lack of depth along the DL and having a senior laden DL be so ineffective are things to be angry at KF about.

Not giving KOK a frontal lobotomy upon hearing WR Pass, is something to be angry about.

This isn't a video game where you just fling it up and push restart if it doesn't work.

There are a few things to be angry with KF about, those two calls are not either one.

Not figuring out a horrific attrition problem that has caused a serious lack of depth along the DL and having a senior laden DL be so ineffective are things to be angry at KF about.

Not giving KOK a frontal lobotomy upon hearing WR Pass, is something to be angry about.

This isn't a video game where you just fling it up and push restart if it doesn't work.

I can't think of a single time in which we've run a gadget play when we haven't been inside the opponents 30 yard line, and I think that's by design, and I don't think KOK has much to say about it.

Ok seriously we are 1-1 and have started here before and ended up in a January bowl game..... what is everyone so upset about. We have no room for injuries and they have hit once again in the LB and RB positions.

Give it a rest with this he is too conservative bull. Why? because we kicked a fg to take the lead? Because we sat on it with a gittery QB back there and no momentum?

For us to get over the hump we have to have the Safeties play better in run support, the DL to not over pursue, and the TE to catch the ball consistently.

We missed sash, greenwood, the whole DL, and Reisner last week but we have talent that just needs experience and we will be fine with more practice.....

At least it wasnt 44-7 in the desert against ASU

See I just don't buy this crap about learning from it and moving on. If he was learning from it, he would see that what he's doing isn't working (read the BHGP article about our close games) and he would change it. When you do the same thing all the time it's not going to work. A crap reverse to McNutt doesn't count as mixing it up.

It seems to me that when things get bad for us in a game we are unwilling to change what we do. Instead we will just keep trying and failing. If we don't have the personnel it's not going to work - you have to mix things up. For being such a Belichek guy you'd think KF would learn some things from him.

See I just don't buy this crap about learning from it and moving on. If he was learning from it, he would see that what he's doing isn't working (read the BHGP article about our close games) and he would change it. When you do the same thing all the time it's not going to work. A crap reverse to McNutt doesn't count as mixing it up.

It seems to me that when things get bad for us in a game we are unwilling to change what we do. Instead we will just keep trying and failing. If we don't have the personnel it's not going to work - you have to mix things up. For being such a Belichek guy you'd think KF would learn some things from him.

have things changed?

Ok seriously we are 1-1 and have started here before and ended up in a January bowl game..... what is everyone so upset about. We have no room for injuries and they have hit once again in the LB and RB positions.

Give it a rest with this he is too conservative bull. Why? because we kicked a fg to take the lead? Because we sat on it with a gittery QB back there and no momentum?

For us to get over the hump we have to have the Safeties play better in run support, the DL to not over pursue, and the TE to catch the ball consistently.

We missed sash, greenwood, the whole DL, and Reisner last week but we have talent that just needs experience and we will be fine with more practice.....

At least it wasnt 44-7 in the desert against ASU

I can tell you where this Iowa team will be in January. :)

The Iowa sports press is a disgrace. If these are what we consider to be hard hitting questions then Id hate to see what Kirk does if he got some real hard ones.

The Iowa sports press is a disgrace. If these are what we consider to be hard hitting questions then Id hate to see what Kirk does if he got some real hard ones.

go the press conference and ask some tough ones. i bet you could get a pass. heck, a guy dressed in overalls did a few years back - he was drawing up plays.......

When reading the transcript you could sort of feel Kirk was getting a little agitated. His answers were much, much shorter ... Now, after seeing the video of Howe asking Kirk about DJK I think I would have been agitated too. Not sure what Howe was digging for. Kirk had responded by saying he did not talk to any NFL teams about DJK ... Done deal ... Now, if Howe wants to contradict Kirk he needs to do some actual digging and find an NFL rep or two who says something to the contrary ...
How could his answers not be shorter? He's Curt, after all.

Hey imported, should I infer from what you said that it's easier said than done ?

I can see that. I'd love to hear tough questions asked but I know when the lights are on, and I'm in front of a man who has a huge job, who has accomplished a great deal in his life, that I might just become a bit meek.

I presume that since HN doesn't have a reporter in Iowa, you could probably call the Ui SID and tell them you're a HN reporter, and they'd probably let you in.

You effing A-holes, stop bumping this crap.[/QUOTE It is funny, anyone who read Miller's comments on the presser would know he said exactly that. Ferentz was as agitated as he'd seen him. Then, someone starts a thread just for the sake of stirring the pot.

Latest posts