Status
Not open for further replies.

IAHawks23

2009 Predictions:
--Jon predicts Iowa to Fiesta bowl
--ABC5 correctly predicts Iowa to Orange bowl

2010 Predictions:
--Jon predicts Iowa vs. Nebraska
--ABC5 correctly predicts Iowa vs. Missouri (since late last week!)

Looks like selling seats on a charter trip sure does impact your predictions!

2009 Predictions:
--Jon predicts Iowa to Fiesta bowl
--ABC5 correctly predicts Iowa to Orange bowl

2010 Predictions:
--Jon predicts Iowa vs. Nebraska
--ABC5 correctly predicts Iowa vs. Missouri (since late last week!)

Looks like selling seats on a charter trip sure does impact your predictions!

Riiight.

I am sure you missed my 11-13 projection of Iowa to the Insight Bowl, one that cause quite a few waves here. But that's par for the course. I am sure you missed multiple media outlets also saying Iowa to Fiesta last year until it didn;t happen, but that's par for the course.

And it's just a great idea to pack more people onto a plane by intentionally misleading people. Great strategy

Have a good one.

Last edited:
1.) Jon's said multiple times that they're simply predictions, and that no one should book flights, tickets or hotel rooms until they're sure they're going to use them.

2.) Virtually everyone was projecting Missouri until the Nebraska loss to OU. This is because Iowa-Nebraska would obviously be a better pick/draw than Iowa-Mizzou. A lot of people are alleging a Big XII conspiracy to keep the game from being between two Big Ten teams.

3.) I'm not one to sling insults at strangers on the internet, but you're acting like a horse's ***.

I didn't question what bowl Iowa would end up at...but rather who the opponent would be in the Insight. I watched the channel 13 early news tonight and saw you still predicting that Nebraska would be playing Iowa. That's a big miss for a "Hawkeye Insider" only a few hours before the official announcement.

Back to my main point: your predictions seem to line up with selling seats on charters as much as getting the story right.

I didn't question what bowl Iowa would end up at...but rather who the opponent would be in the Insight. I watched the channel 13 early news tonight and saw you still predicting that Nebraska would be playing Iowa. That's a big miss for a "Hawkeye Insider" only a few hours before the official announcement.

Back to my main point: your predictions seem to line up with selling seats on charters as much as getting the story right.

I recorded that phone interview several hours before the shift changed from Nebraska to Missouri. Early afternoon.

Second, I'll say this once more: it would be utterly stupid to run a business to where you are trying to pimp things you have no control over thinking that its going to be good in the long run. I dont do that. I give you my opinions.

You can do with those what you will, but what you are suggesting is ignorant, and wrong.

I don't mind people making a run at me here, debate is fine. But you are crossing a line with regards to integrity, and that will be the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts