Jon - Message to Steave Deace

Hey Jon... The next time you do a podcast, can you give Steve a little "Ribbing" from the rest of Hawkeye Nation? (All in fun of course) You can read this to him if you want....

Steve always makes the comment of "If I were an Iowa fan I would do this. " or "If I were an Iowa fan I would do that."

He tries to do his best to come across as "Neutral" or "Subjective", but if you listen closely to his comments, you can tell he is as excited as anyone else for where the Hawks are right now.

Every now and then he'll say something like "I was excited to see CJ Beathard make that play!" or "I jumped out of my seat when I saw Drew Ott make that sack." (these may not be his exact words, but he will make very happy and encouraging remarks about the Hawkeyes) If you read between the lines you'll catch it....

Jon - I think over the years you have finally converted him. Steve is what I call a "Closet" Hawkeye Fan.

It is okay Steve.... Deny it if you want, but those who listen know you are a devout Hawkeye Fan behind closed doors. Follow your heart and come on out of the closet buddy and we'll sing the Iowa Fight song together....

I don't think he cares about Iowa football one way or another. I think he just appreciates good football.
I know who he will cheer for when UI vs UM in B1G championship game.:cool:

Michigan is his true luv. IA State was a manufactured luv for work reasons. I think he does have a little Hawkeye fan in him, whether he wants to admit it or not, especially when one gets to know the players on the team. I always thought he was a little "closet" Hawkeye.

I wish Deace could get through one single podcast without bringing up Michigan a single time. Even when they were terrible he'd reference Michigan constantly. I can't imagine hes getting paid to tell us how awesome his favorite team is or used to be. I have to fast forward through half his Michigan gushing.

I wish Deace could get through one single podcast without bringing up Michigan a single time. Even when they were terrible he'd reference Michigan constantly. I can't imagine hes getting paid to tell us how awesome his favorite team is or used to be. I have to fast forward through half his Michigan gushing.

Agree with this sentiment. I absokutely love the show, I appreciate what you two do and I value Deace's non-Hawk-centric viewpoint. However, I feel that Deace is allowed to gush over his collegiate man-crush for far too long and far too often. Maybe he could be politely reminded that this podcast isn't being beamed out of Ann Arbor...

One thing that I've noticed is that one out the other is playing poker while they are doing the podcasts - I hear clay chips and cards betting shuffled the while time.

Latest posts