Jon, how do you stand Matt P.!!!

Jon, this may be misjudgment on my part, but I find your intentional egging on of Perrault to be humorous. It doesn't take much to get MP worked up so it's enjoyable to watch you throw out a few well placed bombs and wait for him to go off. Well done!

Oh, there is no doubt I do this...but Matt knows that too. Me, Matt and Rob rode to Chicago together to the Big Ten Kickoff this summer. I told Rob before the trip 'Sit back and enjoy the ride...I am gonna wind him up.'

It's fun, because Matt is passionate about everything..something I never thought was genuine in sports talk people, because some sports talk people pretend to have an opinion on everything when they don't care about anything except riling people up.

I think Matt actually does have a strong opinion on everything.

I just wish he would let Jon do a little more talking......is that too much to ask?

Other than that, I'd say he's OK.... he seems to be fair to Iowa (minus the DJK situation) and he earned a little more of my respect when I heard him say that he wouldn't fight you too hard if someone were to label him a Husker hater.

Perrault is obviously a d0uchebag who's wrong about everything, but I can't understand how anyone would listen to Tirrell.

On the Rob-Matt thing, I said my piece on that the day it happened...like Rob, it was a bit ticked, and Matt and I had an on air brush up the day before Rob went on. But I talked with Matt about it. And Rob is one of my best friends.

It really comes down to ratings, doesn't it? Is Matt P. beating Tirrell, or is it the other way around?

The test of a sports radio show is its rating. Period. Nothing else matters.

I believe Matt P. is winning his time slot against "The Mouth of the Midwest", but only Jon Miller knows for sure.

Jon, what say you?

Hey Jon.......do you think you, Matt and Rob will make another trip together to the big 10 kickoff next year???:) Can record it and podcast it??? I don't even live in Iowa, but sometimes listen to the podcasts. I think it is safe to say that although Matt may not be a bad person, he certainly is on on-air tool!!! If it is all for show, I am all for it. However, if he is the same way off air, then the tool classification still applies.

When Marty and Miller were together I hated that show. Seemed like Cyclone schills the entire time, and it was very uninteresting. Gave Matt and Miller a try, I find it ludicrously horrendous and have switched permanently in the afternoon to 1700 and Marty's show like a few other people posted. One of the things I hate in life is people who are overly condescending and run others down. What I hate even more is when people try and do that subtley. "Hmmmm.... Interesting!" a quote you will here from Perrault about 10 times a show, it's code for your an idiot for thinking that and you're wrong cause you disagree with me. Marty's crazy, I like crazy! Nice guy too.

Originally Posted by fuldose
i am in agreement with a couple of posts here. I can't stand the Homer from Neb. either. I have switched to 1700 in the afternoon after Murph & Andy of course. As stated above, if you don't like it, don't listen.
Perrault is not a Nebraska homer. He is an MVC, SEC, and mid-major honk...and admittedly.
Wrong again. He's not a Nebraska homer. Unfortunately, he had a (very unsuccessful) show in Omaha for a period of time. He is from Massachusetts somewhere, and is a homer for the Chowds. He used to talk Red Sox baseball all the time, as if anyone around here even cared. I guess he also had a show in Alabama for a period of time, hence the SEC leanings.

Anyhow, he is undeniably unlistenable. Between his nonsensical and uninformed takes, and his whiney, gratey voice, I cannot understand how he keeps getting radio jobs.

Last edited:
Can Matt rub me the wrong way on the air? Sure he can, and we have had some heated exchanges. But in the end, it's radio.

I don't think Matt is a bad person. Even though our world views are pretty different, I believe without hesitation that if I needed help, and Matt could provide it, he would gladly lend a hand.

In the workplace, Matt is not a behind the back person; he is direct and open and I really appreciate that. You don't have to guess around him.

I realize that you all only deal with him as a listener to a show...and I understand how he can rub you the wrong way. But he's not a bad person.

Who said he is a bad person? Who called his character into question?

I don't really get the feeling that people listen to Sports Talk Radio to judge a host's character. However, if the host is really, really bad at what he does for a living, it is hard to imagine that other aspects of his life are in order.

And if you don't think he is really, really bad at what he does for a living, ask the caller that called Matt's show and told him the truth, that the Big Ten has 8 reg season conference games in 2011. Matt scoffed at, laughed at and hung up on that caller for telling him that simple truth. Sound like a good guy to you?

Anyhow, he is undeniably unlistenable. Between his nonsensical and uninformed takes, and his whiney, gratey voice, I cannot understand how he keeps getting radio jobs.

Sounds an AWFUL lot like Tirrel (sp) I can't stand either one of them. They call for open discussions and then scream down people who have an opposing point of view.

Who said he is a bad person? Who called his character into question?

I don't really get the feeling that people listen to Sports Talk Radio to judge a host's character. However, if the host is really, really bad at what he does for a living, it is hard to imagine that other aspects of his life are in order.

And if you don't think he is really, really bad at what he does for a living, ask the caller that called Matt's show and told him the truth, that the Big Ten has 8 reg season conference games in 2011. Matt scoffed at, laughed at and hung up on that caller for telling him that simple truth. Sound like a good guy to you?

The last time that I listened to that putz (or ever will) was when he scoffed at a caller because he said that the cards picked up John Smoltz so the Cubs or anyone else in the division wouldn't get him. He then hung up on the caller and proceeded to use the same exact argument as the caller used. Now, Murph and Andy gets over and my finger hits the button on the radio.

Latest posts