Jon has WAY too much love for Michigan!

I love Jon's love for Michigan. I also think they'll beat Iowa. I hope they don't, but unfortunately I don't like how our defense matches up, I don't like how we played against them last year, I don't like playing them in Ann Arbor, and I don't like the fact that they could easily be undefeated and ranked entering the week we play them.

Although I'm not ready to concede a loss, I certainly see where Jon is coming from. I rewatched last year's game ... Homecoming; night start; true frosh QB in Forcier ... all the emotional factors that should have = a comfortable win for the Hawks. Instead, it was another nail biter.

Robinson single-handedly carved up Iowa's D like a hot knife thru butter. They were easily driving downfield again and only needed a field goal. Fortunately, he missed a wide-open WR on the run on an underneath crossing route that, if he'd have seen / connected, would have easily gotten the yac into field goal range (if not taken it to the house) because there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him.

Robinson will most likely be the starter for UM next year. Rather than coming off the bench, cold (literally and figuratively), he will be seasoned. He will also have another year of coaching and live experience that might allow him to make that toss-n-catch elementary type of throw. Another little factor ... it will be UM's homecoming against Iowa.

As I said, I'm not ready to concede a loss just yet. Afterall, Iowa will have 2 weeks to prepare for UM -- plenty of time to game plan to contain DR. Also, last year, Ricky spotted them one of his pick-6's. Hopefully those are out of his system.

Considereing the players and the style, i.m.o., this is thee scariest game on next year's schedule.

Nice - agree totally. Plus we got bailed out on a very lucky 3rd and 22 catch by DJK that led to a score. Everyone should re-watch the Iowa/Michigan game from last year. It should be required viewing.

Nice - agree totally. Plus we got bailed out on a very lucky 3rd and 22 catch by DJK that led to a score. Everyone should re-watch the Iowa/Michigan game from last year. It should be required viewing.

Here's the cliff notes. Rick spotted Michigan a touchdown right off the bat. Their running game was good, but they couldn't stop Iowa's offense either, and eventually Clayborn and Co. knocked Forcier out of the game. A qb that Iowa hadn't prepared for came into the game and had one successful drive but ate up a lot of the clock in doing so. Michigan never sniffed the 50 when it was a one-possesion game.

I love Jon's love for Michigan. I also think they'll beat Iowa. I hope they don't, but unfortunately I don't like how our defense matches up, I don't like how we played against them last year, I don't like playing them in Ann Arbor, and I don't like the fact that they could easily be undefeated and ranked entering the week we play them.

Michigan's defense was TERRIBLE last year, and they lost their two best players from that unit, Graham and Warren. Those two were the real bright spots for the defense in Ann Arbor.

Michigan's offense isn't likely to have the same success next year against us. Their rushing game will suffer. Their top rushers from last season (top 5): Brandon Minor, Carlos Brown, Robinson, Vincent Smith, and Forcier. Minor and Brown are gone. Smith rushed for 276 yards on 48 carries, but that is bloated by a 17-carry, 166-yard outing against Delaware State. They've got NOTHING on the ground outside of the QB's. Without that rushing game, Michigan is going to have to throw the ball well to win. And while we got gashed on the ground last year, we did get good pressure on Forcier. I don't see Michigan being very good at all, though I'll give you the fact that they could be undefeated when we play them. But to do that you've got to acknowledge their VERY weak schedule leading up to us. Their toughest game up to that point will be one of the following: Notre Dame, Michigan State, or Indiana. None of those teams are very intimidating.

Latest posts