Jon has WAY too much love for Michigan!

Win5002

Predicting they will beat Iowa & Wisconsin?

Jon points out Wisconsin defense has wholes to fill, but what about the Michigan defense? Yes, they get a lot of players back besides their best def. player in Graham but they were horrible last year and couldn't stop anyone.

Then even in the analysis Jon points out there is a question whether their starting QB Robinson can even throw the ball.

A team with a bad defense and a QB who can't throw, and he expects them to beat two top 10-15 teams in Iowa & Wisconsin.

Don't see it happening.

Although I'm not ready to concede a loss, I certainly see where Jon is coming from. I rewatched last year's game ... Homecoming; night start; true frosh QB in Forcier ... all the emotional factors that should have = a comfortable win for the Hawks. Instead, it was another nail biter.

Robinson single-handedly carved up Iowa's D like a hot knife thru butter. They were easily driving downfield again and only needed a field goal. Fortunately, he missed a wide-open WR on the run on an underneath crossing route that, if he'd have seen / connected, would have easily gotten the yac into field goal range (if not taken it to the house) because there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him.

Robinson will most likely be the starter for UM next year. Rather than coming off the bench, cold (literally and figuratively), he will be seasoned. He will also have another year of coaching and live experience that might allow him to make that toss-n-catch elementary type of throw. Another little factor ... it will be UM's homecoming against Iowa.

As I said, I'm not ready to concede a loss just yet. Afterall, Iowa will have 2 weeks to prepare for UM -- plenty of time to game plan to contain DR. Also, last year, Ricky spotted them one of his pick-6's. Hopefully those are out of his system.

Considereing the players and the style, i.m.o., this is thee scariest game on next year's schedule.

I think Michigan will win 6 games next year. That's including them upsetting someone like Iowa or Wisconsin. Michigan will get smoked by a mediocre team next year. You heard it here first. When you play the style of defense they play (as in no defense) it makes it really hard to be competitive every week.

RichRod hasn't even remotely shown the ability to put a respectable defense on the field and it's only gotten worse as Carr's players have graduated. They had the #1 offense in the Big 10 last year...they're probably not going to score many more points. Is there any reason to expect them to stop people from scoring as much?

Because of how close many of the games were last year, most Big Ten games scare me, including Michigan. I don't see how you can feel very confident about Iowa winning at Michigan when it was so close at home last year. I think Iowa will win but I would not bet the farm. That being said, I do not see Michigan winning more than 7 games.

Wait until Michigan tries to stop our running attack w/ their new 3-3-5 defensive scheme. ;) Could get ugly. I do agree though Michigan will win some games it probably should not because they play a very high risk/high reward type of gambling defense. Rich Rod is like the ANTI-Ferentz in terms of everything football and has been successful in the past.
However, Norm Parker now has a year under his belt preparing for their quirky offense. I think we actually played very poorly against Michigan last year, they controlled both lines of scrimmage for long portions of the game. We were fortunate to win, thanks to Tony (the big Tongan) running freely through their secondary.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary suggesting that Michigan can beat Iowa. Agree that Robinson will be better this year, and that we had no answer for that guy last year except he was forced to gown the field and make plays at the end of the game as a true freshmen.

Then again, I can see the Hawks taking care of business on D and O'Keefe doing just enough not to sabotage the effort.

Two Words: Greg Robinson

Maybe he is a good defensive mind.......Maybe he isn't, but his track record lately, well ummmmmmm, not good.

Fired as HC at Syracuse
His defenses struggled when he was the DC at KC
His D played poorly toward the end of his stint at Denver, forcing Shananhan to fire him.

DC at Texas, The O just outscored people, the defense was mediocre at best under his tenure......had a bunch 5 star recruits......which translated into the number of high round draft picks in NFL......overall the D wasn't stellar under his regime.

Deace is probably right, if RichRod can survive this year look out........I just think the G-Rob hire is going to cost him.......I don't think he is the right fit, for what they are trying to do.

Michigan has good athletes. No doubt about that. Problem for years is that they play as individuals and not team D. Everyone wants to be the a first round draft choice and since RR has been coach he hasn't been able to manage it. I hope the continue to stink but at some point even RR can't hold back the talent.

I think Michigan is gonna be a game where everyone gives them credit for last years close game and they expect it to be close, but in the end it will be more like 2002 than 2009. Rich Rod deserves nothing less.

Although I'm not ready to concede a loss, I certainly see where Jon is coming from. I rewatched last year's game ... Homecoming; night start; true frosh QB in Forcier ... all the emotional factors that should have = a comfortable win for the Hawks. Instead, it was another nail biter.

Robinson single-handedly carved up Iowa's D like a hot knife thru butter. They were easily driving downfield again and only needed a field goal. Fortunately, he missed a wide-open WR on the run on an underneath crossing route that, if he'd have seen / connected, would have easily gotten the yac into field goal range (if not taken it to the house) because there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him.

Robinson will most likely be the starter for UM next year. Rather than coming off the bench, cold (literally and figuratively), he will be seasoned. He will also have another year of coaching and live experience that might allow him to make that toss-n-catch elementary type of throw. Another little factor ... it will be UM's homecoming against Iowa.

As I said, I'm not ready to concede a loss just yet. Afterall, Iowa will have 2 weeks to prepare for UM -- plenty of time to game plan to contain DR. Also, last year, Ricky spotted them one of his pick-6's. Hopefully those are out of his system.

Considereing the players and the style, i.m.o., this is thee scariest game on next year's schedule.

I'm more concerned about Arizona, Ohio State and yes even Northwestern. Granted, Michigan will be tough at home but I think Iowa's veteran team with a three year starting QB, an All-American punter and a great defense should get the job done in Ann Arbor. I think Iowa's coaching staff is better than Michigan 's and that should put us over the top with a win.

Not buying Michigan. Graham gave us fits,and he turned out to be a top 20 pick in the draft. That rb killed us,and he is gone. The pick-six by Ricky gave them early momentum and allowed them to hang around. They have lost warren also.
Robinson could be dinged by the time he gets to Iowa...small dude.
They will not beat Iowa and Dickrod will be under tremendous pressure by then with losses to ND and MSU. He will be fired at year end,I predict. Losing and cheating aint gonna fly at Blue.

I'm more worried about NW. Michigan played there best game of the year against us. IMO. When I saw them besides the Iowa game they looked horrible. They also seem to suck bad at home since RR took the helm. I'm not sure what there Win loss record the last 2 years at home is but they haven't looked good. I think we dominate them.

Michigan was never close to making a play to get into FG range on the last "drive". Iowa held two 9 point leads in the 4th Q, and without a pick 6 on the first play it really wouldn't have been as close as people think it was. Without a doubt Mich moved the ball...at times....with a power running game. Minor is gone.

Michigan was never close to making a play to get into FG range on the last "drive". Iowa held two 9 point leads in the 4th Q, and without a pick 6 on the first play it really wouldn't have been as close as people think it was. Without a doubt Mich moved the ball...at times....with a power running game. Minor is gone.

Find a wide angle view of the downfield receivers on the last throw that Robinson made...a previous poster already pointed it out. He had a crossing WR WIDE open underneath and had he dumped it off would have been able to run for a while, get out of bounds, and stop the clock.

Also, we turned them over 5 times, gave it away only once, and still only won by 2 points at home and at night...

If Robinson hadn't run all over us during his series (that he took them straight down the field with almost all running plays), I'd be less concerned about them being able to get Minor going last year. But since he carved us up pretty good from the QB position, I don't feel comfortable about the Michigan game at all.

Latest posts