JON! DEFEND THE COACHES!

I was praying and hoping against hope that the same thing that has happened the entire second half this year wouldn't happen again but it did.

I didn't watch the game because I was unable to. I will say this and I really think this is a very legit point I am about to make. When you have consistent injuries occurring through out the season you will loose out on the following things

1. cohesiveness
  2. stability
  3. consistency
  4. rythem
Every position on the team is valuable. Every position on team needs these 4 traits harmonizing with each other. A team is ONE Body with different parts that function to help each member out to make the body work well. When just one member of the body is not functioning well for what ever reason, the rest respond to that one member. The body can still function but there is that lack of the 4 traits above that keeps the body from being at it's highest potential.

When the body needs transplants it takes a while for the new organ to adapt to the rest of the body. Even then there could be set backs that could occur if not treated right. I use this analogy to say that this years team has been hindered by the injury bug and it DOES make a difference on how the team plays.

The following positions had injuries that were key to this team.

1. Lost Hampton at RB
  2. Lost O-line starters or those who gained experience from last year
  3. Line Backers- Tarp, Nielson, Hunter off and on, Davis. This really dose not help.
  4. CB- Prater is huge, He is one of the most improved on the team. Castillo is not at his level. That is a drop off.
  5. K- Murry has been missed! Meyer is a reach that is in a learning mode. Mossbrucker is a let down right now! High expectations are not being met.
I am sure I am missing some others but the point is you can't have the best chemistry when this occurs I don't care if you have the best coaching staff or the worst. Injuries make a huge difference. My question is did injuries make a difference today?

I know that some of you will come back and say that every one practices and the coaching staff utilizes guys on the first and second teams to help gain experience. True! They can only practice against one another! Game time and Practice time are two different levels.
You practice to get familiar with your plays and teammates and to identify your selves. The coaches put the best performers on the field that may give them the best opportunity to win! However no team is the same on game time experience when there the full time guy is not playing! It is what it is!

Time to call a spade a spade.We had a team that had no leadership, both on the field and at the coaching positions. Time for the special teams coach to say goodbye. Enough is enough. Take back our special teams errors this year and we are 10-2 this year vs 7-5. I have had enough of sticking up for incompetence!!!

Latest posts