JON! DEFEND THE COACHES!

The coaches somehow, someway lost this team. Something is going on inside this program that we are not aware of obviously.

Unfortunately today I seen a defense with absolutely no heart. Blame the offense all you want but they couldn't stop the run the entire game.

While your at it Jon, you might want to remind some of these guys to take their lithium. I think they missed a dose. Disappointment, yes, but not as disappointed as the seniors must be. But they know why they lost today, and know what to fix, and will be focused for the bowl game. As for the small fraction of emotionally challenged fanatics, no amount of explaining reality will help, I'm afraid. But no matter, true Iowa Hawkeye fans are disappointed because of the high expecations this season, and are not blaming the coaches. Show me proof otherwise. And, no, a message board poll woundn't count as proof..

This game I think made me hurt more than any of the others this season. The frustration of this entire season just started to ooze out.

It hurt to sit and watch the players just give up and get run over by a skinny QB for 6 yards a pop.

That was a very disappointing series.

I have said it so many times, and it's not like I am saying things others don't know too, that Iowa is a HORRIBLE 2nd and 10 team. They are a WORSE 2nd and 10 team. the fade call on 2nd and 10 was very, very disappointing.

And on third down, Reisner is still running down the field, uncovered. Saw that a lot today.

the offensive regression since the MSU game is inexplicable, and nightmarish.

Thanks for calling it like it was. Will KF man up and say he needs a change and a fresh look at his offense? It's not about failing offensively at the end of games. It's the drives when you have a lead and can demoralize the opponent that kill you.

We played the same offensive game plan every week. Easy to defend that. I guarrantee we run 2-3 plays out of each formation...and every team has seen them over the past 10 years a hundred times. And we won't do any wrinkles off them. Let's see the reverse again KOK. Oooh, that's creative. Pathetic.

O-Line play was pathetic. Minny was the worst rushing defense in the conference and we did not crack 100 yds. Again... the whole team stunk but not getting consistent push up front because we are too small and not physical enough in the interior is a huge factor.

Just counting in my head the number of 'blown ups' by minny on Ferentz-Koeppel-VanDeVelde were at least 10+ for the game. Coker did a great job a few times side stepping and running through tackles but the penetration and lack of push prevented solid gains.

This is a simple formula that is time tested and works every year in this conference;

Big, Physical O-Line and run the football.

I have said it so many times, and it's not like I am saying things others don't know too, that Iowa is a HORRIBLE 2nd and 10 team. They are a WORSE 2nd and 10 team. the fade call on 2nd and 10 was very, very disappointing.

And on third down, Reisner is still running down the field, uncovered. Saw that a lot today.

It's because we fold up our tent against Indiana and NW. We try to beat them playing base football and we get out of sync. It's like a basketball player that is in the zone then takes a week off and can't make a layup. We have to coach every game as hard as we can, they say they do but they don't and it's time to admit it. Wisconsin is taking care of business and leaving no doubt, that way no one can hang around and beat you in the 4th quarter. A lesson we have learned every week. I'll take Wisconsin's attitude over ours any day. BB learned that from Hayden, where was Kirk during that lesson.

While your at it Jon, you might want to remind some of these guys to take their lithium. I think they missed a dose. Disappointment, yes, but not as disappointed as the seniors must be. But they know why they lost today, and know what to fix, and will be focused for the bowl game. As for the small fraction of emotionally challenged fanatics, no amount of explaining reality will help, I'm afraid. But no matter, true Iowa Hawkeye fans are disappointed because of the high expecations this season, and are not blaming the coaches. Show me proof otherwise. And, no, a message board poll woundn't count as proof..

Of course your post is just designed to pimp everybody on this board tonight. You're the one who must be on lithium today, because that, by any accounting, was a mail it in performance today. If you ask me, I think the seniors are just glad they got through the game without being hurt - that's how they played for most of the game.

This team is a direct reflection of the head coach. How the H*** does DJK get held, pushed out of bounds damn near into a propane tank and Ferentz does not yell or say anything instead he yells DJK what a joke.

Speaking of concessions. I purchased a $6 pretzel that was ice cold, damn near frozen. Thanks for bringing back that memory dammit!

Time for the fans to ban together and put up a billboard to let The coaches know exactly what we think.

I'm ready.
"Poor year, but we learned our lesson from firing Tom Davis, so your job is safe for years to come. Kirk will you please look into shaking up your staff. Thank You"

The # of wide open WR's Stanzi just has literally not seen the past 3-4 wks is absolutely dumbfounding. And I mean completely WIDE OPEN guys running free that he misses...or he just makes poor throws. I love the guy and his moxie and character, but I have a hard time not wondering how JVB would've done w/ this offense. Someone commented Stanzi didn't win any games JVB couldn't have - I don't know if that's true, but it's definitely discussion and debate worthy.

This feels so close to WMU it's scary. I predicted a 21-17 MN win, but only half-heartedly. I've also been one critical of the coaches, which they deserve some blame, but the execution was also **** poor at numerous points today. It's hard to put into words just how miserable today was, in many, many regards. I try to think of a group that played particularly well, and I really can't think of any. Too bad this group of seniors went out w/ this season - they deserved better, but sadly they definitely shoulder some of the blame.

KOK and other coaches deserve blame for several games, but today the loss is squarely on the players.
AC looked slow and uninterested, Sash was afraid to hit, Hunter's injury seemed to hamper his ability to move laterally, Stanzi was awful, Mcnutt dropped a few passes, Kickoffs have been horrible all year, and Cokers fumble was killer.

The # of wide open WR's Stanzi just has literally not seen the past 3-4 wks is absolutely dumbfounding. And I mean completely WIDE OPEN guys running free that he misses...or he just makes poor throws. I love the guy and his moxie and character, but I have a hard time not wondering how JVB would've done w/ this offense. Someone commented Stanzi didn't win any games JVB couldn't have - I don't know if that's true, but it's definitely discussion and debate worthy.

This feels so close to WMU it's scary. I predicted a 21-17 MN win, but only half-heartedly. I've also been one critical of the coaches, which they deserve some blame, but the execution was also **** poor at numerous points today. It's hard to put into words just how miserable today was, in many, many regards. I try to think of a group that played particularly well, and I really can't think of any. Too bad this group of seniors went out w/ this season - they deserved better, but sadly they definitely shoulder some of the blame.

I firmly believe Stanzi knows where he's going with the ball before play starts..I remember watching Vandy against OSU and I remember watching him scan the field..do I have blinders on or am I crazy?..why else is Stanzi always throwing into double coverage and missing wide open receivers if he's not sure where he's going with the ball already..

Time to call a bucket of **** a bucket of ****.

I've been thinking that Iowa was a bad team since the Northwestern game. Good teams don't lose to bad teams. We have been losing to some bad teams and barely beating teams we should blow out. I hate the thoughts of a Bowl game if they are going to play like this.

I firmly believe Stanzi knows where he's going with the ball before play starts..I remember watching Vandy against OSU and I remember watching him scan the field..do I have blinders on or am I crazy?..why else is Stanzi always throwing into double coverage and missing wide open receivers if he's not sure where he's going with the ball already..

Not crazy, he did it last year too.

Latest posts