Jon... Can we now assume

PDXHawkeye

that Robinson and Hampton either failed or refused to take a drug test, and directly comment on it without the posts being taken down, or seeing that they haven't come out and confirmed it, we just have to say ARob broke team rules and Hampton just decided to took his two bad knees elsewhere???....

The presser will be at 10am. My guess is violation of team and or university policy is all that is going to b on the record. After we see what.they say with regards to specifics we can reassess things.

Well.... My bet would be that Coach is not going to come out and say "Adam failed a drug test and Jewel refused to take a drug test". It is an in house matter, and not of public record... They were not arrested (at least not yet, it is still closed for another 82 days or so...

I was just curious if we can mention "failed Drug Test" or if it would get taken down...

Since the University is a public institution, would the results of the test be public record? Or only if they're charged by the authorities?

Well.... My bet would be that Coach is not going to come out and say "Adam failed a drug test and Jewel refused to take a drug test". It is an in house matter, and not of public record... They were not arrested (at least not yet, it is still closed for another 82 days or so...

I was just curious if we can mention "failed Drug Test" or if it would get taken down...

If you can cite such things with 100% veracity and back them up with documented facts, post away. If you can't, then let's just wait for the press conference and see what is said.

Since the University is a public institution, would the results of the test be public record? Or only if they're charged by the authorities?

I would think they have to be charged with something. You could have situations of someone failing due to a mistake in the testing process and
that could lead to a lawsuit if leaked.

But put it this way, if these alleged tests occurred, and I personally don' think they they did, and the media has way to get at the information, they will surely get their hands on it.

My guess is many on these boards who, during their college days, that attended "functions" or had athletes living nearby, were witness to some recreational drug use by student athletes.

The athletes I know and stay in contact with have said they are pretty glad that facebook and camera phones were not around when they played in the 80's ;)

that Robinson and Hampton either failed or refused to take a drug test, and directly comment on it without the posts being taken down, or seeing that they haven't come out and confirmed it, we just have to say ARob broke team rules and Hampton just decided to took his two bad knees elsewhere???....

NCAA rule states a positive drug test makes the student-athlete ineligible for one year and can take another test in the 11th month. KF said he could join the team in January.

NCAA rule states a positive drug test makes the student-athlete ineligible for one year and can take another test in the 11th month. KF said he could join the team in January.

I just Google this, and it seems you are correct, if it is an NCAA sanctioned test... ie NCAA tour or bowl. Don't know if you fail a team test if you are suspended a year.

I just Google this, and it seems you are correct, if it is an NCAA sanctioned test... ie NCAA tour or bowl. Don't know if you fail a team test if you are suspended a year.

That makes sense. Team administered tests are for the team to monitor their own players. No different than a pre-employment/employment drug screen is to monitor a companies employees. No one is turned over to the regulatory authorities of that industry or to the local law enforcement agency. Internal punishment only, and therefore, names do not have to be revealed, the team can mend their fences and move onward in a more positive (no pun intended) manor.

So if Ferentz knew something could be going on, could they do their own "team" test, take the one game suspension and be ready for next year? Instead of the NCAA doing the test and making it a year suspension?

So if Ferentz knew something could be going on, could they do their own "team" test, take the one game suspension and be ready for next year? Instead of the NCAA doing the test and making it a year suspension?

That is how I am reading it. I am not a NCAA Rules Lawyer or an expert by any means.... you can google Failed NCAA Drug Test....

That is how I am reading it. I am not a NCAA Rules Lawyer or an expert by any means.... you can google Failed NCAA Drug Test....

Thanks. Just wondering if there is a way around the NCAA, by a team administering their own tests and possible punishments before the NCAA gets involved and lays the hammer down on someone.

Don't you remember the movie "The Program"? Latamer (sp?) failed a Steriod test, and he was suspended for 3 games, and they said he pulled a hammie....

For you losers who are just waiting to jump down my throat, yes I know this is just a movie and not real... But Iowa did beat them in the movie.... The Hawks looked real good.....

Yes they can, and that is exactly what they do.

I thought I read on some thread that the NCAA & Big10 only test for performance-enhancing drugs, not for recreational drugs. University tests look for recreational drugs.

Can anyone confirm/refute this?

Latest posts