john miller - please comment.

browngry60

Analysis:
(1) JVB throws 2nd interception. Game over!
(2) FB drops pass in the end zone.
(3) 2nd and goal running play = 1 yd loss.
(4) Another drop in a key 3rd down conversion, 4th Qtr.

Summary:
· 4 take-aways should result in a win.
· Predictable: running play on 2nd and goal.
· Game plan: How do Tulsa running backs gain 180 yds when Iowa can't get 70? Did they watch the Tulsa film?
QB performance: shaky. Off-target throws easy to defend; 5th yr senior is 20-42 in a "short" passing game with 2 interceptions. When you don't get the job done, you get replaced, especially when you have 2 very capable QB's waiting in the wings.

Last edited:
Analysis:

Summary:
· Game plan: How do Tulsa running backs gain 180 yds when Iowa can't get 70? Did they watch the Tulsa film?
QB performance: shaky. Off-target throws easy to defend; 5th yr senior is 20-42 in a "short" passing game with 2 interceptions. When you don't get the job done, you get replaced, especially when you have 2 very capable QB's waiting in the wings.

Won't do any other QB any good to be in the game when the WR are dropping 10+ passes on the day.

SlapGif1.gif

Won't do any other QB any good to be in the game when the WR are dropping 10+ passes on the day.

You keep saying this, but it is pretty obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

Bullock dropped a pass, Weiss dropped TD, CJfed dropped one for 1st down, and Shumpert dropped two(playing patty cake on one). What else you got?

Won't do any other QB any good to be in the game when the WR are dropping 10 passes on the day.
You keep saying this, but it is pretty obvious you don't know what you are talking about. Bullock dropped a pass, Weiss dropped TD, CJfed dropped one for 1st down, and Shumpert dropped two(playing patty cake on one). What else you got?
keenan davis had 1. Lotta drops. But yeah JVB had some ugly rocket passes. He doesnt appear to have much touch on the ball. Makes me miss Drew Tate..

Analysis:

Summary:

First off, it's Jon, not John. Second, we're not Tulsa. You can't expect us to put up those kinds of numbers.

keenan davis had 1. Lotta drops. But yeah JVB had some ugly rocket passes. He doesnt appear to have much touch on the ball. Makes me miss Drew Tate..

On the deep ball? The defender made a play, not really a drop.

There was no excuse for some of the drops, but some (like TC) seem eager to keep Vandy as great and blame everybody else. IF the play doesn't pan out exactly as the pre-snap read dictates, he is screwed.

I think JVB is zinging the balls too fast at the shorter distances. He is nervous and rushing the pass, and as a result he throws it 100 mph to a teammate 5 yards away and they don't have time to react.

Not all the receivers fault. TIP: Use some touch when you get in the game Mr. Rudock.

You keep saying this, but it is pretty obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

Bullock dropped a pass, Weiss dropped TD, CJfed dropped one for 1st down, and Shumpert dropped two(playing patty cake on one). What else you got?

Bullock and Davis both had at least 2 drops a piece, did they not?

Bullock and Davis both had at least 2 drops a piece, did they not?

I watched the game up until my DVR cut off prior to the final 2 drives. Bullock "dropped" a screen pass that was fired behind him and bobbled a crossing route. Davis had hands on one deep but the DB punched it out. I don't see how he could have possibly brought it in.

I think the impression people got from the 4 and out with 2 dropped first downs and the dropped TD skew the memory a little. It seemed like way more, until I re-watched it.

There were far more bad reads and locking into/throwing to a covered receiver than there were drops.

Last edited:
On the deep ball? The defender made a play, not really a drop.There was no excuse for some of the drops, but some (like TC) seem eager to keep Vandy as great and blame everybody else. IF the play doesn't pan out exactly as the pre-snap read dictates, he is screwed.
Well it was a great defensive play however it was in both of his hands. Ask Soup what he would call it. Also i belive he had another unless i mistook #6 for #8.

I watched the game up until my DVR cut off prior to the final 2 drives. Bullock "dropped" a screen pass that was fired behind him and bobbled a crossing route. Davis had hands on one deep but the DB punched it out. I don't see how he could have possibly brought it in.

I think the impression people got from the 4 and out with 2 dropped first downs and the dropped TD skew the memory a little. It seemed like way more, until I re-watched it.

If a world class athlete, such as myself or 98% of the other posters on HN, had a shot at the ball Davis had get punched out, we would have come down with it, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Right I have large basketball hands so of course I would have made the catch and it would have stuck like glue.

Right I have large basketball hands so of course I would have made the catch and it would have stuck like glue.

I don't want to speak for you, but my guess is you would have kept your feet and broke two tackles to score on that play as well (assuming the ISU defenders could have caught you for tackle attempts).

Analysis:

Summary:

What comment? Are you asking me to grade your paper? Not sure what you want me to comment on. Iowa lost the game and had several chances to win, were fortunate for the second year in a row that Iowa State had several RZ turnovers or it could have been a blowout.

I don't want to speak for you, but my guess is you would have kept your feet and broke two tackles to score on that play as well (assuming the ISU defenders could have caught you for tackle attempts).

Actually, I am so fast that I would have created 5 yards of separation and would have been standing in the end zone waiting for JVB to pass it.

What comment? Are you asking me to grade your paper? Not sure what you want me to comment on. Iowa lost the game and had several chances to win, were fortunate for the second year in a row that Iowa State had several RZ turnovers or it could have been a blowout.

I don't think he was talking to you. ;)

Latest posts