John Johnson has passed away

One of the four best Hawk players I have seen play! The others are Freddie Brown, Ronnie Lester & Sam Williams. Was screwed out of the Silver Basketball in '70!

One of the four best Hawk players I have seen play! The others are Freddie Brown, Ronnie Lester & Sam Williams. Was screwed out of the Silver Basketball in '70!

I am right there with you, Columbus. I had season ticks for Ralph Miller's Six Pack that went 14-0 in the BT and averaged, for goodness sake, over 100 points per game (right?). JJ was a dream to watch on the court. Forever Hawkeye!

I am right there with you, Columbus. I had season ticks for Ralph Miller's Six Pack that went 14-0 in the BT and averaged, for goodness sake, over 100 points per game (right?). JJ was a dream to watch on the court. Forever Hawkeye!

Without the three-point line!

Thank you J.J. for all the thrills. You were one of the best ever. You will not be forgotten. Prayers go out for God to comfort and strengthen your family. R.I.P.

I heard many stories about Fred Brown and JJ, absolutely fantastic! RIP .

My dad always talks about this team and these two guys. Been doing some reading on them and didn't realize that these two guys were JUCOs. I remember Fred Brown Jr. playing for Iowa, but don't remember JJ's son playing for Stanford from '05-'08 and then in the D-League.

Latest posts