John Connor out for the season

Eddie-Furlong-as-John-Connor-in-Terminator-2.jpg

That's a big loss for them. He was there "go to" guy with over 1700 yards and 26 TDs last year. A 240 pounder who was real tough to bring down.

When starters go out and we face a backup it always concerns me. Seems like in the past we've struggled with backups, maybe because we don't have enough tape on them. The way John Connor played against us one would think this works in our favor. I hope that's the case. Prayers go out to John Connor. I feel bad for any kid giving his all to the college game and having to suffer a devastating injury.

The Terminator jokes are too easy.............Haven't seen any since the second one in the early 90's. Too bad for JC, but that is a huge break for Iowa.

Backup running backs with little experience are better to face. I mean, what could happen. Signed, Hayden Fry.

I feel badly for the young man, but Iowa has had its share of adversity with RB's so I will enjoy the advantage his injury provides for the Hawks. Frankly, I think Iowa would have handled him just fine, anyway.