Joel Hilgenberg anyone?

Is that just a name someone is throwing out on the scout board or does this have any legs?

I mentioned this in two threads two days ago. didn't get any response

It will be him or BF.

Hilgenberg was very frequently around the program until he took the Packers job.

dont know much about Joel...his brother though was a hell of a player. Should be in the HOF.

Read the links. Wasn't excited about him before but, dang, that would be a good get purely from a pedigree standpoint.

From the article: "Joel Hilgenberg enters his first season with the Packers in 2011 as offensive quality control coach, his first full-time coaching job after 10 seasons as an NFL offensive lineman."

Since he retired from the NFL (after a nice stretch as a lineman) in 1993, that means Hilgenberg was not involved (at least not full-time) with football for 18 straight years until 2011. Just an observation.

From the article: "Joel Hilgenberg enters his first season with the Packers in 2011 as offensive quality control coach, his first full-time coaching job after 10 seasons as an NFL offensive lineman."

Since he retired from the NFL (after a nice stretch as a lineman) in 1993, that means Hilgenberg was not involved (at least not full-time) with football for 18 straight years until 2011. Just an observation.

Maybe not in a "full-time" capacity. But he was around the program and at practice A LOT. It wasn't just hanging around and chewing the fat with other dignitaries either. He was involved to some degree. Exactly how much, I don't know for certain.

I wouldn't have any qualms with him as OL coach.

My understanding however is that Raih will be QB coach. That means somebody else would have to be OC.

I don't have any confidence any anyone already on staff to coordinate the O.

I don't know about JH as a coordinator.

Good info. Also, I think the OP on TOS was insinuating OL coach, not OC.

I am just passing along what I have heard.

David Raih will be QB coach.

That leaves inside promotion to OC or Raih as OC (not likely), or the OL guy as OC.

I am hearing 2 names for OL: James Ferentz or Joel Hilgenberg. I have seen JH at practices previously in the past several years and I know that relationship exists.

I do not feel comfortable with what I know with anyone currently on staff being OC.

I don't know what KF is going to do here. Of course there are possibilities of splitting the coordinator job (run game/pass game), I could be getting inaccurate info, etc.

That leaves inside promotion to OC or Raih as OC (not likely), or the OL guy as OC.

I am hearing 2 names for OL: James Ferentz or Joel Hilgenberg. I have seen JH at practices previously in the past several years and I know that relationship exists.

I do not feel comfortable with what I know with anyone currently on staff being OC.

I don't know what KF is going to do here. Of course there are possibilities of splitting the coordinator job (run game/pass game), I could be getting inaccurate info, etc.

Wow a player coach in college football! I would thought that would screm up his eligibility. I am surprised no one in the SEC has thought of this! :)

I like this as well. O.C. could be interesting. Does Matt Cavanaugh have a KF connection?

My sources (and note, they are very credible, HIGHLY reliable sources that you would all covet) tells me that the next OC will be...

KOZAN!!!

Yeah, I said it.

Know him. Love him. Fear him. For he is the risen lord.
Hallelujah!

OOOH, I finally get to tell my Joel Hilgenberg story! :) Before he drove down to Saints camp after being drafted...I sold him a car stereo at World Radio in Iowa City and helped him install it.

That's my brush with glory. LOL

Latest posts