Joe Wieskamp commits!

Hot damn! This is a huge get. The McCaffery boys and this kid are going to do special things for the Hawks! Makes me antsy for the future because it's looking mighty bright!

Agree, I think this is also a Momentum builder and very positive piece of news for
Hawkeye Hoops..........future is bright indeed.

IOWA......the HAWKEYE state

K.C. Schmitt ‏@CoachKCS Jun 8

Did the Curry/Korver 3pt drill with @JWieskamp21 after a hard workout got 79/100. Today he got 91/100 with 39 made in a row as a high. #work

I am pleased that out of the schools that recruited him in the state of Iowa, that Joe chose the wise camp to go with. :)

Very heads up, very aware player. Hawks scored with this one. And he has so much he can improve on before B10 ball starts for him....39 3pt shots in a row!?! Damn....

Great get for the Hawks!

Hot damn! This is a huge get. The McCaffery boys and this kid are going to do special things for the Hawks! Makes me antsy for the future because it's looking mighty bright!

The days of us having 2 or 3 guys on the floor who aren't good shooters is over. Love it.

Have to wonder though if both McCaffery boys are really going to be players or are just being recruited because they're Fran's sons. Not saying they aren't good enough, just wondering how much the relation part plays into it. I know Conner was highly rated.

I've seen Pat, albeit just at a shoot around before the game and taking shots before the Nebraska game last spring, but he looked amazing for his age. Never missed and was taking the ball to rim right at some current Iowa players. I actually think the Fran's kids probably get judged harder because of who they are and actually will ultimately get ranked lower because they are both committing to Iowa before the services even really get on them. The places that do the rankings like to rank em based on offers and neither Pat or Connor are going to have them and... not to mention the whole Oh, they're going to Iowa? Better give em a 3 star.

I've seen Pat, albeit just at a shoot around before the game and taking shots before the Nebraska game last spring, but he looked amazing for his age. Never missed and was taking the ball to rim right at some current Iowa players. I actually think the Fran's kids probably get judged harder because of who they are and actually will ultimately get ranked lower because they are both committing to Iowa before the services even really get on them. The places that do the rankings like to rank em based on offers and neither Pat or Connor are going to have them and... not to mention the whole Oh, they're going to Iowa? Better give em a 3 star.

I think they will get ranked more fairly in BB than they would in FB. It isn't like Fran's kids are gonna stop playing AAU, and that is where all these rankings are based on. Football on the other hand you earn offers at camps that recruiting services can't access, and if you don't go to those recruiting services camps after you declared for one school. The only other tool recruiting services have is to watch highlight videos, and that isn't a best way to evaluate kids.

I think they will get ranked more fairly in BB than they would in FB. It isn't like Fran's kids are gonna stop playing AAU, and that is where all these rankings are based on. Football on the other hand you earn offers at camps that recruiting services can't access, and if you don't go to those recruiting services camps after you declared for one school. The only other tool recruiting services have is to watch highlight videos, and that isn't a best way to evaluate kids.
Beat me to it, Deanvogs. Well said. If they play AAU ball, they will be seen by everybody and evaluated based on how they perform there.

Latest posts