Joe Toussaint in the Portal

St. John's, Oklahoma State, Rhode Island and Drake have reached out to Toussaint already
Strange if he were to go to St. John's. Should have had playing time here but if he goes to be behind Posh Alexander who is beyond anything Iowa has certainly shows it was not playing time that made him leave. Think all the people leaving JO, JT, CJ, Nunge, etc. it is something else. Expecting to hear Ulis make his announcement tomorrow.

Can Fran transfer??

The late season arrival of Tony Perkins had a huge impact on this. Whether you want to call him a 1 or a 2, for the last half of the year Tony pretty much played the PG role.
The best 5 players next year will be:

Perkins
Sanford
Patrick
Kris
(hopefully a stud transfer 5)

If Perkins can play the point effectively, I would love to find a starting role for Sanford. That kid has some IT factor about him, and we need him to can 3-4 three-pointers a game.

If we don't get a transfer, then I would consider Bowen/Uhlis at the point, Perkins, Sanford, Patrick and Kris. Small for sure, but again, best 5.

St. John's has reached out to him so that would be a good landing spot. Don't know a ton about their roster...I do know Mike Anderson is a their head coach and he is a Nolan Richardson disciple. On the surface, it checks a lot of boxes for him ending up there.

Strange if he were to go to St. John's. Should have had playing time here but if he goes to be behind Posh Alexander who is beyond anything Iowa has certainly shows it was not playing time that made him leave. Think all the people leaving JO, JT, CJ, Nunge, etc. it is something else. Expecting to hear Ulis make his announcement tomorrow.

Can Fran transfer??

Why is it strange? St. John's is in Queens, it checks a lot of boxes already.

Why is it strange? St. John's is in Queens, it checks a lot of boxes already.
Get my drift, it would be strange him going there because of playing time. He will be lower on the depth chart there. Alexander and Adde-Wusu are both guys you'd want with the ball in their hands ahead of JT. I watch a bunch of St. John's. JT would not get more time unless Posh turns an ankle but he is prone to doing that so JT is good as an insurance policy. Not the place to go for more playing time.

With Dix and Bowen coming in and Perkins, possible Conner, Ulis, Sandfort, and Kris all fighting for the PG/SG position, something had to give. I'm thinking this might not be the end of it.
I don't think Kris will be fighting for a guard spot.

Can Fran transfer??
Oh boy! Fertile ground for another juicy conspiracy theory. You are such a transparent jerk.

The best 5 players next year will be:

Perkins
Sanford
Patrick
Kris
(hopefully a stud transfer 5)

If Perkins can play the point effectively, I would love to find a starting role for Sanford. That kid has some IT factor about him, and we need him to can 3-4 three-pointers a game.

If we don't get a transfer, then I would consider Bowen/Uhlis at the point, Perkins, Sanford, Patrick and Kris. Small for sure, but again, best 5.

Late in the season, when it was money time, it was Perk at the point and Jbo running off screens at the 2. It got a little dicey with Indiana in the tourney and a no show against Richmond, other than that Perk's minutes at the point were really good. Sign me up for a Perk/Sandfort starting backcourt right now.

Perk's play at both guard spots was just as important as Jbo's was this season.

I can’t believe the amount of hand wringing over losing the 7/8th and last guy off the bench to the transfer portal. Last year made sense but Iowa lost 2 starting caliber players to the transfer portal in Fredrick and Nunge. But Iowa was fine then and they’ll be fine now. If Kris enters the transfer portal then I’ll join the ones freaking out.

Sometimes attrition is ok when it's guys who haven't proven themselves or they can't beat out the guys in front of them. It's like a 2nd chance filling the ship and landing a star for the program and it's a 2nd chance for the player for a different career. I'm not saying Iowa wanted to lose these guys, but I feel confident that conversation had indicated that they might have more opportunity elsewhere.

I can’t believe the amount of hand wringing over losing the 7/8th and last guy off the bench to the transfer portal. Last year made sense but Iowa lost 2 starting caliber players to the transfer portal in Fredrick and Nunge. But Iowa was fine then and they’ll be fine now. If Kris enters the transfer portal then I’ll join the ones freaking out.
Even if Kris leaves, why join the idiots freaking out over understandable losses to the roster? As you noted, we lost two bench guys to transfers. Both were given ample chances to shine. JT is a loss, but not a huge one. He is an East Coast guy and deserves a better fit and more minutes somewhere else. Josh is a nice kid, but addition by subtraction.

If Kris goes to the NBA this year (he isn't), that is another example of Fran finding a kid that no one else wanted and transforming him into an NBA talent. We would miss Kris for sure, but should be celebrating the talent that is flowing through Iowa's program the last few years.

Everyone thought Iowa would suck this year given the losses to the roster. Instead, Fran turned out the best team in a decade. In Fran I trust.......

Even if Kris leaves, why join the idiots freaking out over understandable losses to the roster? As you noted, we lost two bench guys to transfers. Both were given ample chances to shine. JT is a loss, but not a huge one. He is an East Coast guy and deserves a better fit and more minutes somewhere else. Josh is a nice kid, but addition by subtraction.

If Kris goes to the NBA this year (he isn't), that is another example of Fran finding a kid that no one else wanted and transforming him into an NBA talent. We would miss Kris for sure, but should be celebrating the talent that is flowing through Iowa's program the last few years.

Everyone thought Iowa would suck this year given the losses to the roster. Instead, Fran turned out the best team in a decade. In Fran I trust.......

To be clear I said losing Kris to the transfer portal, not the NBA. I'll be happy for Kris if he winds up in the NBA but if he enters the transfer portal and winds up going somewhere else I will freak out a little. Sorry, I do have my moments. lol