Joe Toussaint Hits 3-Point Buzzer Beater

Hopefully his game transitions well to Big Ten ball. He does look fast and the reports on him says he plays D really well. It's what this team desperately needs.

Hopefully his game transitions well to Big Ten ball. He does look fast and the reports on him says he plays D really well. It's what this team desperately needs.

I hope you're right. He's only a 3-star according to Rivals and 247 and his interest list is less than impressive. Hoping he is that overlooked diamond in the rough who can do great things in Iowa City.

Joe Toussaint dislocated his shoulder, played with the injury his junior season and part of the AAU season, then had surgery before his senior season. It seems there could be a reason he would be underrated.

I hope you're right. He's only a 3-star according to Rivals and 247 and his interest list is less than impressive. Hoping he is that overlooked diamond in the rough who can do great things in Iowa City.

He had a long list of mid majors that offered, and even those schools can get talent. He had interest from other P5 schools but no offers, based on what I read.

But even if he's only another Anthony Clemmons type player that's what this team needs right now.

to me, the reason this kid is important is because he plays that in your face defense on the perimeter and can win off the dribble. he doesn't have a consistent jumper, at this point, and that doesn't bother me. that can be developed over time. what can't be is foot speed and quickness and fran needs to reformulate the roster with more perimeter speed/quickness guys. that's been our down fall. if you can't guard the perimeter, you can't defend the lane.

to me, the reason this kid is important is because he plays that in your face defense on the perimeter and can win off the dribble. he doesn't have a consistent jumper, at this point, and that doesn't bother me. that can be developed over time. what can't be is foot speed and quickness and fran needs to reformulate the roster with more perimeter speed/quickness guys. that's been our down fall. if you can't guard the perimeter, you can't defend the lane.

I feel the same. Not with the kinds of teams that Fran builds. He should have enough shooters around him. Need that guy with quickness and lock down D to put on the other teams fastest or best guard.

Joe Toussaint dislocated his shoulder, played with the injury his junior season and part of the AAU season, then had surgery before his senior season. It seems there could be a reason he would be underrated.

Plus his lack of size

We have all seen some great point guards even off guards who were only around 6 ft tall. Some special ones were 5-4 to 5'8''

Very true! In bball, all things grading out equally, teams will take the 6'4" guard over the 5'10" guy. This is so often a mistake, as the smaller players are often the better player. See B. J. Armstrong.

Very true! In bball, all things grading out equally, teams will take the 6'4" guard over the 5'10" guy. This is so often a mistake, as the smaller players are often the better player. See B. J. Armstrong.

Chris Paul is listed as 6', John Stockton was listed as 6'1", Isiah Thomas was listed as 6'1" and they are all in the conversation of the best PGs of all time.

Height obviously can help but if you can play, you can play. Kind of like QB for the NFL...

I feel the same. Not with the kinds of teams that Fran builds. He should have enough shooters around him. Need that guy with quickness and lock down D to put on the other teams fastest or best guard.

I think the thing I like most about Joe, from the little that I know about him, is that he doesn't fit that stereotype we have for most of Fran's recruits. One of the problems I have with Fran is that I feel all his recruits seem to come from the same mold and play the same similar game. We need guys like Joe that don't fit that stereotype and add different layers to the team.

I think the thing I like most about Joe, from the little that I know about him, is that he doesn't fit that stereotype we have for most of Fran's recruits. One of the problems I have with Fran is that I feel all his recruits seem to come from the same mold and play the same similar game. We need guys like Joe that don't fit that stereotype and add different layers to the team.

I kind of feel the same the past couple years. You can't just get a bunch of stretch 3's and have 4 of them on the court at once. Need a guy with some speed and quickness, even though may be not as tall.

Not sure why Joe can't end up being at least a 35% 3-PT shooter. His form isn't terrible-better than Anthony Clemmons' was, as he's comped a lot to him.

Chris Paul is listed as 6', John Stockton was listed as 6'1", Isiah Thomas was listed as 6'1" and they are all in the conversation of the best PGs of all time.

Height obviously can help but if you can play, you can play. Kind of like QB for the NFL...

I saw enough of Isiah Thomas live against the hawks back in the day. And as a example the great Drake teams in the late 1960's-70 when they played Bradley U which was good, one of the Bradley players that always gave Drake fits at Vets in Des Moines was Frank Sylvester I think his name was. Five foot friggin 4 inches tall but fast, could dribble and could shoot the jumper. Saw him score close to 20 several times at Vets.

I saw enough of Isiah Thomas live against the hawks back in the day. And as a example the great Drake teams in the late 1960's-70 when they played Bradley U which was good, one of the Bradley players that always gave Drake fits at Vets in Des Moines was Frank Sylvester I think his name was. Five foot friggin 4 inches tall but fast, could dribble and could shoot the jumper. Saw him score close to 20 several times at Vets.

That was well before my time but I'll take your word for it! Sometimes the smallest guy on the court can be the biggest pain.

A defensive minded, quick, water bug, in your face PG would be a nice tool to have in the box. Guards don't care to have an irritating, high energy guy, throwing their offensive game off kilter.

Great nickname for this guy at UTEP and the NBA ... led the NBA in both points and assists in 1972-73.

81xGUr0Hm4L._SX569_.jpg

I love the way PG's from the Big Apple learn to play. There is a little Rucker Park street ball flair usually in the bag. I believe that will translate nicely to the B1G.

A little pick and roll, hard drive, quick stop and cross, with a no look behind the back dish to the open cutter for a tomahawk dunk. Would be nice to see someday.

Latest posts