JJ Watt is going pro

I don't know his intangibles, but is he really much different physically than a Mitch King? Maybe with more speed he can be an OLB of a 3-4 or something like Roth, but I don't see much of an upside beyond where he is at right now. Helluva motor though.

Thats good for him, and most importantly good for the hawks!
Iowa doesn't play them next year, unless B10 championship game so don't think it matters.

I don't know his intangibles, but is he really much different physically than a Mitch King? Maybe with more speed he can be an OLB of a 3-4 or something like Roth, but I don't see much of an upside beyond where he is at right now. Helluva motor though.
He's a lot bigger. 6'6" 280 and plays end. I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he can be a good DE somewhere. I don't think he's a first round or even second round guy, but he's talented. I'd say moreso than King, but similar to Roth-but with more size.

King is a 6'2 280 lb DT
Watt is 6'6 280lb who can play up the middle or on the edge. He is a very impressive prospect IMO but than again I'm not an NFL scout

He isn't much bigger or quicker than Mitch, but he has played DE at Wisky and is good size for that position in NFL while Mitch was an undersized DT at Iowa who had not played DE at all.

He isn't much bigger or quicker than Mitch, but he has played DE at Wisky and is good size for that position in NFL while Mitch was an undersized DT at Iowa who had not played DE at all.

He's got 4 inches and much longer arms than King. I don't know if he is quicker or not, Mitch was always pretty quick and that is what made him good.

I like Watt b/c he has both size and speed. He can beat you in different ways

He kind of reminded me of Jared Allen (sp) for the Vikings...not saying he's the next JA, just reminded me of him is all...cuz you know, white guys can't remind you of black guys...it's the rules.

Latest posts