Jim Walden is a Nimrod

hawkod

I realize the best way to vote against a bad show is to just change the station, but I had to mow my lawn today with my radio headphones and had to listen to something. I'm not thrilled with the Jim and Jim Show, but I love sports and appreciate the guests they bring on air. I feel these guys are getting a little far removed from what's really going on, but what really got me going was when Walden got talking about how Arizona is going to be such a challenge because they've got speed in the backfield and at the wide receiver positions. WHEN ARE THESE IDIOTS EVER GOING TO GET IT? Obviously he never saw Clayborn run down their exceptionally speedy running back from behind last year--or watch us completely shut down Georgia Tech and their Olympic gold medal-winning 4x100 team that ran that option thing in the Orange Bowl. You'd think that a local show would feature someone that actually knows what's going on--Walden is just reciting the tired old rants about the northern teams without speed.

I realize the best way to vote against a bad show is to just change the station, but I had to mow my lawn today with my radio headphones and had to listen to something. I'm not thrilled with the Jim and Jim Show, but I love sports and appreciate the guests they bring on air. I feel these guys are getting a little far removed from what's really going on, but what really got me going was when Walden got talking about how Arizona is going to be such a challenge because they've got speed in the backfield and at the wide receiver positions. WHEN ARE THESE IDIOTS EVER GOING TO GET IT? Obviously he never saw Clayborn run down their exceptionally speedy running back from behind last year--or watch us completely shut down Georgia Tech and their Olympic gold medal-winning 4x100 team that ran that option thing in the Orange Bowl. You'd think that a local show would feature someone that actually knows what's going on--Walden is just reciting the tired old rants about the northern teams without speed.

The same was said last year about Arizona. Iowa ended up making THEM look slow.

I have never understood why walden is qualified to do a show about Iowa football. Isn't he a radio guy for Washington State? How many Iowa games does he actually watch?!

Watching some of the Auburn game Thursday I did notice a definate difference in speed. That being said however, I do think the Big 10 has put that to bed the last couple of years. I am getting tired of hearing about it as well.

hawkod - then you watched a different game then i did last year. yes, AC ran their RB down from behind a couple times, but man, when you looked at their secondary and how fast they closed on the ball - i remember last year thinking that AZ was definitely a faster team than Iowa was. they flew to the ball and once we had it YAC was difficult.

I agree with Walden on this one.

I was at that game last year and I didn't see any great discrepancy in speed to be honest.

They have individual players who are fast but as a whole I didn't see a big difference.

Remember, Arizona's two scores last year came on a Ricky Stanzi Brain Fart and a garbage td with like 2 minutes left. Speed didn't really help 'em last year against our defense. Could it be diff this year? Sure. But I think more is being made out of it.

Last year's bowl games kind of put alot of that crap to rest IMHO....

I was at that game last year and I didn't see any great discrepancy in speed to be honest.

They have individual players who are fast but as a whole I didn't see a big difference.

Remember, Arizona's two scores last year came on a Ricky Stanzi Brain Fart and a garbage td with like 2 minutes left. Speed didn't really help 'em last year against our defense. Could it be diff this year? Sure. But I think more is being made out of it.

Last year's bowl games kind of put alot of that crap to rest IMHO....

watching it on TV it was apparent, especially in their secondary. i remember thinking 'wow'.......it is possible that we aren't the fastest team in college football, isn't it?!?! :)

I have never understood why walden is qualified to do a show about Iowa football. Isn't he a radio guy for Washington State? How many Iowa games does he actually watch?!

agreed.

I lived in Central Iowa for about 12 years and never understood the fascination with Jim Walden. He was a mediocre coach at Washington St. and a lousy coach at ISU...Yet dude, kept getting gigs he had radio shows and briefly ran the barnstormers, he did some other stuff, too. He was like an older white version of Isiah Thomas, he just kept getting jobs..... you would say to yourself, how? why?

hawkod - then you watched a different game then i did last year. yes, AC ran their RB down from behind a couple times, but man, when you looked at their secondary and how fast they closed on the ball - i remember last year thinking that AZ was definitely a faster team than Iowa was. they flew to the ball and once we had it YAC was difficult.

I agree with Walden on this one.

I was at the game myself and I certainly agree with your comments about the secondary--extremely quick and sitting on our routes to boot. Amari made up a lot of ground on Grigsby's long run to stop him inside our 5 (which ultimately led to a FG only for them) and the knock on him prior to the draft was lack of straight line speed. My point is that yes, Arizona's fast, but I'd say we're right with them--at least football speed.

Latest posts